Skip to main content

I am not a KPN customer; however a KPN operator just knocked at my door saying he had to install optic fiber, thus he need to take pictures of the building and my modem.

I didn’t let him in as it was not clear what he was supposed to do.

Anyone knows more about this? Thanks

*Admin: titel aangevuld i.v.m. vindbaarheid

Well as of first, Yes KPN network is upgrading certain area's to optic fibre and since KPN supplies lines for alot of other providers there is not always a KPN subscription required for them to come knocking at your door.

Since we are upgrading an entire area to prepare them for optic fibre, for all these providers to use.

But in normal cases you should have already recieved notifications through the post pre-emptively to the engineer knocking at your door.

If you wanna make sure this is legit you can check KPN Netwerk and do a zipcode check.

But as said its not required to have a subscription with "KPN provider" for "KPN network" to wanting to upgrade your Home for a fibre connection and as stated this is not just in use for "KPN Provider" but 90% of the Providers use in Netherlands can utilize the "KPN Network" Fibre, through a Wholesale process.

@Nicola Tartaglione . Welcome to the forum. @LaurensZalm explained it perfectly. Do you have other questions?