Skip to main content

Hoi! Het spijt mij - dit vraag is in Engels - mijn Nederlands is nog niet goed genoeg.

I have just moved into a new house. I have already ordered and received a KPN modem in advance - as I was sure all houses would have a way to connect the device. However the previous tenants modem is connected with a coax cable. We looked all over the house for a ISRA, a lasdop or a wandcontactdoos. We looked in the meter cupboard, in the living room, in the cupboard with the coax cable (and all over the rest of the house).

I contacted the previous tenant, and the makelaar, but neither of them knew if there was a KPN connection port.

I looked all over the KPN website, and I’m not really sure of my next move. The website speaks about the possibility of installing a connection point… but if that costs too much money, maybe I should try cancelling my subscription (while I am still in the two week cancellation window) to avoid the costs associated with installing it (if the landlord will even permit it). Advice welcome!

Met vriendelijke groeten

Hi @Terso, welcome on the KPN forum.

How unfortunate that you're unable to find the IS/RA in your house. It's usually close to the front door or near the fuse box. You're only able to apply for a subcription with KPN if your adres shows up in our database of known connections. Meaning that there should be a connection between our powerstation (wijkcentrale) and your house, or there should've been one in the past. Sometimes, previous tenants will remove the IS/RA during renovations. If you want to restore your IS/RA you can look at mijnaansluiting.nl. Wheter there's costs associated with the restoration of your IS/RA depends on the amount of work. I suggest you talk about this with your landlord wheter they want to want to restore the IS/Ra and who's going to bear the costs. 

Furthermore, you can plan in a free mechanic via the link in your confirmation email to come over to take a look and see what is possible. If we're are unable to restore the IS/RA, your subcription will be cancelled automatically since we are unable to deliver our services.  

Let me know if I can help you with anything else. 

Reageer