Skip to main content

For about two months Wifi has been intermitently disconnecting certain devices. Sometimes the error message points to the password being incorrect when trying to connect, even when all devices use the same password. I have an Experia V10A router and problems started appearing after my previous company Telfort, was acquired by KPN.

@bajoneroe 

You already did a hard reset on your V10A ?

Yes.

@bajoneroe 

Call 0800-0402

Welcome to our forum @bajoneroe. Did you call the number tonymelony mentioned and was the issue resolved that way? You have't replied since, so I assume it worked out.

Hi!

I called yesterday and was told to try the Wifi Manager. While it did change some settings on the router, it did not fix the problem completely, some devices still are intermittently losing connection. 

Interestingly, when they lose the connection and want to reconnect, a message of having the wrong password appears.

Cheers,

Emilio.

The manager doesn't do anything with the password. Have you tried removing and forgetting the saved network on those devices and tried to reconnect to it? That way the networksettings on the devices themselves will be renewed, including the password.

Hi! 

Yes I have tried it. The issue with the password is also not permanent, it only lasts a couple minutes before accepting the unchanged password again. 

It makes me think something is wrong with the router.

I'll call again.

After several weeks of trying to fix the issue and a lot of hours on the phone the decision was made to change internet provider.

This issue is now closed

That's a shame bajoneroe, I had hoped it would have improved after calling us. I hope it works at your new provider, and if there is anything we can do for you in the future, don't hesitate to ask us.