Skip to main content

Hello, I’ve moved into a new apartment and trying to connect to the internet using the wandcontactdoos. 

KPN says the internet is connected in my apartment already, however they can only send a technician later in the week. Due to having to work at home because of the coronavirus, I need to have the internet up asap.

I’ve followed the instructions in the kit, however the light on my Experiabox v10 stays red. I’ve checked in the apartment and the only connection is the wandcontactdoos in the living room, so I presume the wiring is incorrect.

I have the red cable going into “a” and the blue cable going into “b”. From what I read online, white and orange cables are not needed. Could someone please let me know if the current wiring is correct? Please see the attachments.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello @MKVJV , the current wiring is correct, you do not need the white and the orange cable.

Many thanks @JanD !

Good to know the wiring is correct. 

Any thoughts as to why it will not work then?

I feel like i’ve tried everything and also read online many forums and still nothing but the red light.

thank you! 

Hi M, welcome on our board. 

The wiring seems to be fine. 

Would you please fill in your details here so I can have look? Let me know when it's done. 

Hi @Alex_P

Thanks for reaching out and clarifying the wiring is correct.

I have filled in the necessary information in your link.

Please advise how to continue with checking the installation.

thank you!!!

Thanks. There is nothing more for you to check. I see you already spoke one of my colleagues today regarding an engineer to see what's going on at your new address. I suspect the issue is somewhere outside your house and in our distribution box/station, but I can't be certain. I'm afraid we'll have to wait for him to have a look.