Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a problem where my internet connection is lost roughly once a day. It takes only a few minutes for the connection to be restored.

During the outage I can still sign in the experiabox (v10), so it is not a wifi/ethernet issue.

The servicelog of the experiabox shows indeed that internet is down:

2021-02-25 12:06:02 PPP(eth_route):ppp0 down for reason is Peer not responding
2021-02-25 12:06:02 PPP(eth_route):ppp0 down for reason is LCP down
2021-02-25 12:06:02 PPP(eth_route):ppp0 down for reason is LCP down
2021-02-25 12:06:03 PPP(eth_voip):ppp1 down for reason is Peer not responding
2021-02-25 12:06:03 PPP(eth_voip):ppp1 down for reason is LCP down

I also have replaced twice the ethernet cable between the experiabox and the NTU (cat5 & cat6).

Considering all the above, the issue seems to be related to the NTU/rest of KPN network. Any help?

Hi @Sambri, welcome to our forum. When the connection drops once a day that can be very annoying. If I understand correctly, you have a fiber connection? Have you also tried to have the NTU without power for 2 minutes? Does that change anything? If it doesn't you can fully fill out your profile and tell me you've done that.

It’s also possible to call 0800-0402, if you call at the moment the connection is down they'll be able to check the connection at the moment the problem occurs. That can help finding a solution.

Hi Jasper,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes, I have fiber. I just tried to turn off the NTU, we’ll see if it actually improves the situation.

In any case, I have filled my profile.

Calling the customer service is not that useful. I have tried that last week (luckily the issue happened during office hours), but the connection had been fixed by itself by the time I was talking to anyone, so all checks were OK. An engineer was sent the day after, but the only thing he did was resetting the router to factory settings and that’s it. Issue reappeared afterwards.

P.S: I also have tried using my own router, swapping it with the experiabox. Same intermittent issue is found (and very similar error in the router log, connection to peer is down).

Any other ideas?

THanks for filling out your profile. I've checked the connection, but it's hard to see what happens because it is working now. I do see the disconnects, it looks like they are not caused from the outside. But I don't see any new disconnect, it seems to be working sinds march 1st.  I think it is best to call the customer service to check the connection when it is down, or was just down. I'm looking at the past now, which makes it hard to see what happened and decide what is the best course of action. Via the phone this is easier, because the disconnect just happend when you speak to them.