Skip to main content

I am moving to a new house in Amsterdam and I need to arrange internet connection as until now internet was covered by my previous rental contract.

I want to do it with KPN but I was wondering about something :

When I typed my new home address on the KPN website, the maximum allowable internet speed presented was 45 Mbit/s 10 Mbit/s so I was wondering if :

1.  I get compensated since the contract I will make will be for a 100 Mbit/s connection ?

1. is there a way to boost my internet upload / download speed at my new address ?​​​​​​​

Probably VDSL, limited by the distance from the switch. The speed mentioned in a contract for VDSL always mentions “up to”. That is why there is a postcode check when ordering which indicates the probable speed.

No compensation, this is a technical limitation.

BTW, my speed is 17/2, around 3 km. From the exchange.

@John456732 Why you want compensation from KPN? KPN not forced you to leave your old house

@John456732 Why you want compensation from KPN? KPN not forced you to leave your old house

Nobody forced you to be so stupid, yet you definitely are.

I didn't say I was forced out of my older house, I chose to move. Just like I will choose Ziggo with a cable connections instead of kpn in order to have higher speeds 

Probably VDSL, limited by the distance from the switch. The speed mentioned in a contract for VDSL always mentions “up to”. That is why there is a postcode check when ordering which indicates the probable speed.

No compensation, this is a technical limitation.

BTW, my speed is 17/2, around 3 km. From the exchange.

Yes, that’s what I thought too. The technical limitation comes from the fact that the fiber optics solution is not possible for the address and VDSL connections has limited speed compared to Cable connection.

That’s why I can’t choose KPN, I must have a cable connection wich guarantees higher speeds

Hiya @John456732 and welcome to our forum.

We don't compensate when the available speed is lower then your subscription. But we do add extra internet via our mobiel network when the available speed is tóó low (like 10Mbit low).

Before you decide to change providers, have you checked to see if there are any glassfiber options in the near future? 🙂

Nobody forced you to be so stupid, yet you definitely are.

Also, play nice.