Skip to main content

What am I missing here?

Why do I not get my public IPv6 detected from anywhere, cannot ping, etc

@zmaga Same here. I think that the last modem update causes IPV6 issues in local network. I can't get IPV6 addresses anymore. 

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : home
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b3fa:6a99:df46:1e1a%18

Welcome to the community @zmaga. that is odd. Which version of the software on the modem is installed? I have V12.C.24.05.08 and IPv6 works for me. I tried the same IPv6 test you have on your screenshot, and for me it is green. Do you still have the red bar there, or has it been resolved for you?

Hi, same version here. Still facing the issue 

Hi. I just tested connecting via cable directly to the router and the test passes. 

I'm using a second router to connect to the internet and using the kpn as a bridge. I will need to check what configuration I'm missing.

Thanks 

I have a second router too, a FRITZ!Box 4040. 

It can be easy to check if the router plays a part in it. If you connect a pc/laptop directly to the Box 12 (wired or wireless), to see if the test still shows the red message.

I fixed it, thanks

I have a simple setup:

Laptop connected to Kpn Box 12 running a webserver in port 80.

Then I have this setup:

Then I access the site (http://example.com) and it loads fine while I’m in within the network

But does NOT load when I’m outside the home network.

Only with Firewall set to Laag it will work. 

Aangepast does not seem to work no matter what I add there.

Admin: merged with existing topic.

That is good to hear @zmaga. How did you fix it? Your solution might help others, like TDN who is experiencing something similar.

@Jasper van KPN Ik lost het probleem op met uit en weer aan zetten van IPv6 instelling. Na 2 rebooten krijgen de apparaten op LAN-side weer geldige IPv6 adressen.

In my case it was firewall issues on the server side.

I notice it doesn’t matter if you do port forwarding or not for IPv6. Ive disabled all and my server is reachable...

Reageer