Skip to main content

I'm not sure if it is an issue with training or what, but it seems like they don't bother to tell their staff to check or update the records for what work has already been done, so every time my problem gets transferred to another person or department, I have to explain everything from zero, and then the same mistakes get repeated over and over again because each technician that they send has to discover from scratch that he can't fix the issue.

One guy says he will tell client service to make another appointment for me and they will call me. So they do but only to tell me to wait another day because my order is "not yet ready" even though it's a few days past the activation date. So I wait, and then make an appointment myself. 

The next guy they send says he can't fix the issue because there will need to be drilling but he will tell client service to arrange an appointment with my landlords builders so they can give permission or oversee the drilling. But then later I just get an email saying I must make another appointment online myself because my issue could not be fixed. So I make an appointment with KPN and my landlords builders, I specifically call KPN to tell them that this appointment is for cable installation and that the previous guy said I must invite the landlord as well etc etc. They act as though they are listening, and an appointment is made.

Then the guy they send comes and pokes around and says no, installing cables is not his job it is a different departments job. So my landlords builders show up and are just told to go away. He then calls someone and says he has made an appointment for me and says they will come on Monday but after he leaves I get another email saying that my problem is unresolved and I must make another appointment online. I never get confirmation whether or not the other department is still coming either so now I don't know if I should make another appointment online or wait until Monday and hope the technician from the other department comes. And even if he does come I wonder if he will have any idea what the problem is that he is here for.

I know there ARE records that exist, because if I push them to check they will eventually do it and go "AAAH I SEE", but then it's not the full story because sometimes the previous technician just doesn't bother logging his work. It's all EXTREMELY frustrating because now more than a month has passed and I still have no internet.

I have had to cancel my account because one guy says I have ZIGGO cables, but then ZIGGO says my address isn't registered and it will take into the new years. Then a different KPN guy who was here for my neighbor comes and has a looks and says actually it will be easy to fix so he convinces me to reapply for KPN. Then the next guy comes and he can't fix it. Then the next guy says he's the wrong department. Honestly I feel like I am being pranked.

Hi @RoodtP . Welcome to the forum.

I'm very sad to read about all the confusion and the troubles it has caused for you.  Can you please fill out your profile and give me a heads up in this topic?

I have completed my profile. The technician did come on Monday and indeed had no idea of anything that has happened or what he came to do. He looked around and said he can't help since there are no connection points and I'll have to make another appointment, even though this is exactly what I already explained so many times.

Fortunately I already made another appointment since I never received confirmation for this technician anyways and they are supposed to be coming today around 13h00. I've received a couple of phonecalls from KPN asking about the issue and I explain everything and then say they will inform the relevant parties before the appointment today...which probably means they will leave a note that nobody will read. I have also informed the building managers of this appointment. Will see what happens.

IT HAS BEEN FIXED! So relieved! Today's guy actually read the notes or got briefed before he came which made everything go much more smoothly, and he actually knew what he was doing which always helps. Just glad it is finally resolved now.

That is good news. Sorry it had to be such a confusing and troublesome journey to get there.

If you ever have issues with the subscription or connection, let me know.