Skip to main content

Hi,

Since around 2 months that I'm facing internet connections. The problem I think is with the speed of it.

For the first months service was great! I checked the speed and was 100 Mbit/s, aligned to what I'm paying.

But in the last month the speed is around 50 Mbit/s so I guess that is what is affecting my service.

If there something you can do? or change provider?

Thanks!

Hi @Tanis pinero, welcome to our forum. I understand the speed you measure is not stable. Can you tell us more about it, so we can think along?

• How exactly do you measure it, is that via a wired device or wireless?
  • If it is wireless, do you use Wifi repeaters, or only the modem?
  • What model of modem do you have?
  • Was the speed stable before the 2 months you mentioned?
  • When the connection drops, does this happen on all devices at the same time?

Hi Jasper,

• I measure it wireless (before I measure the same way and the speed was 2x)
  • I have wifi repeater provided by KPN (2 KPN superwifi)
  • The model of the modem is KPN BOX 12 (Sagemcom)
  • The speed before was stable at 100mbit/s (was aligned to what I'm paying)
  • Sometimes it drops is all devices at the same time (sometimes only at the laptop)  

Can you also do a speedtest via a wired device? That way we can see what the speed is that arrives at the modem. It's possible it is only the Wifi that has dropped speed, not the connection itself.

Hi,

my computer doesnt have the ethernet port so its impossible to test the speed wired.

Now wireless is showing 65 mbit/s, thats better compared to some weeks ago but still not but I'm paying for. 

Anyway, when I tested some month ago and was showing 100Mbit/s I did it also wireless test.

It is important to test the connection with a wire, is the computer the only device? Or is there perhaps a laptop around? The wired connection gives a clearer picture of how much speed your modem gets. That's what you're paying for. A wireless connection can be affected by other factors we can't control. Like Wifi network from you neighbors, they can interfere with yours.