Skip to main content

Hello,

From 15th AUG I have swtiched from Youfone to KPN and I have questions regarding my ‘new’ provider.

1. Is it regular that my new modem (KPN Box 12) took over settings (WiFi name and password) from my previous one (Experia Box v10A)?
  2. How can I ask KPN to send me Fiber optic box? I still have one from Youfone but I will need to send it back.

Hi @irat1981! Welcome to the KPN forum.

We try to make as much of the process automatic as possible. Therefor it is not uncommon for the new modem to take over the wifi name or password. This goes especially if you used the KPN Servicetool a couple years back.

On the Fiber optic box, could you confirm that it is the actual fiber box that you need to send back? And not the modem? Because, at least with us, the FTU itself will always remain mounted on the wall.

Please let me know and i`ll see how we can resolve the situation. 🙂

Hi, thanks for feedback.

I was suprised, but KPN modem took over password and network from Youfone modem, which I have received a year ago (probably because Youfone is providing Internet through KPN). Additionally, I have to sort out why youfone is charging me for whole August (I have switched on 15AUG).

As for Fiber Box, unfortunatelly it was send from them with modem, I have checked that. But on your guide page it is shown that I should receive Fiber Box. (I have attached a picture). Last that the modem from Youfone came with it in a box. Could you send me the same one?

@irat1981 if you have not received an FTU with the box that contains our installation equipment, please call 0800-0402 and ask for an engineer. You can also make an appointment through our website. They will carry one of these in the car and will be able to complete the installation.

I must admit I've not heard a Youfone modem give wifi settings to our Experia Box. However, seeing as it is based off the same technology it does not worry me. What you can do is do a full reset of your modem. Then use our KPN Thuis app to change the settings. But as long as everything works there is no need to worry. 

Hi,

Will I need to pay for a mechanic visit? If yes, I don’t want to hire him, because the process of installation is very easy. 

If it’s a problem to send a Fiber Box to me, I can drive to your shop or your mechanic to collect it.

@irat1981 any engineer sent for installation where our help is needed is free. By which I mean that you don't pay for the arrival of the engineer. And you don't pay for the installation of the modem and 1 wired device. There are some extra circumstances, which you can read in the terms and conditions. But you won't pay for the installation of the FTU. 

If you want extra services, such as more appliances hooked up to the modem, that may cost money. But the engineer will let you know and deliberate before costs are made.

Hello,

Thank you for the explenation. Unfortunatelly, I can’t make appointment online or through KPN app, because my Internet is working at the moment. I’ll try to contact you throuh a phone call.

Thank you for your help.

@irat1981 no problem! 🙂 I`m going to mark the message that suggests the engineer as the proper answer. Because it's the best tip to follow for other readers. 

If for any reason your call with our customer service does not give the desired result, feel free to let me know here!

Hello,

I have managed to speak with KPN service on the phone and I had been told that Fiber box shouldn't be sent back 😅, only modem. So when I was packing the modem, in the modem box I have even found a short note with sticker: leave FTU in the apartment 😅. Thank you for your assistance. Issue solved.

@irat1981 excellent! Have a good weekend. 🙂