Skip to main content

Since the modem upgrade a view days ago, my wifi name and password has changed. I have resetted the modem, wifi comes back on with name and password at back of box... but then goes back to new assigned name. Contacted KPN. No help. Tried to reset wifi name and password in mijnkpn app- no luck. It doesn't change the wifi name or password at all.

Hi @Csc135, welcome to our forum. After resetting the modem, the previously set SSID and WPA can be restored. It sounds like that is happening. Have you logged in the the modem diretly, and tried to change the Wifi settings there?

This (Dutch) page describes how you can do that: Wifinaam en –wachtwoord wijzigen.

Hi @Csc135, welcome to our forum. After resetting the modem, the previously set SSID and WPA can be restored. It sounds like that is happening. Have you logged in the the modem diretly, and tried to change the Wifi settings there?

This (Dutch) page describes how you can do that: Wifinaam en –wachtwoord wijzigen.

Hi @Jasper 

Doing a reset does change username and password back to factory settings (at the back of the box), but this reverts in about two to three minutes to the new name and unknown password. I have not set this name or passord it reverts to, this appeared after the modem upgrade and does not correspond with the name and password on the back of the box.

I can't connect directly as my laptop does not have an inthernet port. 

I have tried resetting the wifi settings by following the instructions on the page link you provided, although it does say password/username change succesfull, it does not change anything in the settings. The name and unknown password stay exactly the same.

Is there an option to log into the modem with a different device? I know there are some laptops that don't have an UTP port, but to do this it is required. Maybe someone you know has a laptop you could borrow for this?