Skip to main content

Hello,

I am Experiencing the same problem right now with my Experia Box V10a. This started about 1 month ago and some days i never get disconnected, today it has been disconnecting about every 5-10 minutes! I also tried moving the modem to a different location, using a different Ethernet cable from the NTU to the Modem, and tried powering off and on the NTU again as well. Nothing seems to work.

Admin: afgesplitst en eigen topic voor je aangemaakt

Hi @TravelingIronman, welcome on our board. 

This should not be happening. Are you experiencing this through WiFi or is your whole connection offline? If so, please fill in your profile with your postal code and house number and let me know when it's done. 

You could alternatively call us to be quicker, our number is 0800 0402.

I have already filled my profile information. When this happens it is usually both wifi and the Ethernet connection. The light on the front of the modem goes completely off for a few seconds, then comes on red, and after some time starts flashing blue, then finally turns green. Again, it is very intermittent as I have had no problems for the last two days, but some days it happens a lot!

I forgot to mention that I already used the wifi analyzer some weeks ago and I am using a channel with the lowest interference from my neighbors. But since this problem also affects the ethernet connection to my main pc I do not think this is relevant.

Thank you for your information. I can see that the connection itself is good. The lost connection is being done by something in your own network, I can also see that this has occurred on the 22nd, and after that a couple of more times. Just to give you an indication: 

Did you use some specific software or hardware that day? 

Hello again, I do not have any new devices and the devices I do have are connected at least once a day. However this problem still comes and goes. Today I noticed that the led on the front of the box was red. I was working my normal 8hrs on my laptop connected via WiFi with no problem but it always stayed red. Then this evening we sat down together to watch a movie on the fire stick device that my wife had been using already and about halfway through the show the internet stopped! Now I still see the red led on the front, sometimes it flashes blue then turns off, but when I try to connect on WiFi it says the password is incorrect. On my PC that is connected with an Ethernet cable I also have no internet connection. I even tried logging into the modem web interface and I reset everything to factory settings but still I cannot get the internet working again. It has been hours now already with no internet!

My guess is that we need to swap your modem. I also see that a new one is on it's way, are you aware of this? 

Hello, yes I called the customer service today since the internet was and still is NOT working. The red light stays on for a while then it flashes blue. They could not see the router from their side even after I tried a few things. They advised that the modem is likely the cause so they are sending a new one. I will update here tomorrow after I received the new modem and can test it.

Hello, yes I called the customer service today since the internet was and still is NOT working. The red light stays on for a while then it flashes blue. They could not see the router from their side even after I tried a few things. They advised that the modem is likely the cause so they are sending a new one. I will update here tomorrow after I received the new modem and can test it.

Great, thanks.