Skip to main content

Hello,

I changed yesterday my internet provider and now I have KPN glasvezel 1Gbit/s speed. However, I had poor/slow internet connection with lower than 200 Mbps download speed but between 300-600 Mbps upload speed (I measured via de WiFi manager from KPN app). Even next to the modem the speed was not reaching the 1 Gbps. I also installed SuperWifis but this didn't improve it at all.

Does anyone have an idea how can I improve the speed?

Hi,

for starters you need to check your speed by connecting by cable, wifi speeds mean little.

But it may only be a wifi problem, I presume you have a poor wifi connection speed (you can see this in your current wifi connection in your device, ideal would be >2GBs in your best spot in the home (every location will give you different speeds) which may be due to your own device, your house, your neighbours and their wifi setup, radar installations nearby etc, so you need to upgrade to a good quality mesh system with wifi 6, 6E or 7 with a minimum total speed of 5400mbps, more is better) and a wired backbone with at least 2.5GBe. You will find your wifi speeds will improve depending on your devices and mesh setup.  

Superwifi white 1 or black 2 (better), make sure the backbone is wired! and not via wifi! But a more powerfull setup would be better as suggested above. but it may just be that the modem needs a few days to go to full speed. So wait 1 week before you do anything unless wired speed is around 1gb already.

Interesting that your IP belongs to Palo Alto Networks 🙂 Forgot to disable VPN?

Anyway, I’m getting better result for download via speediest directly vs kpn speedtest

Hi @Gianniskosto, welcome. 

I see Mo66 explained al lot. You have to check the speed via the  Ookla app on your computer directly connected to the modem. Download should be around 940 Mbit/s. 

When using SuperWif attached them to the modem with a cable. Then they will get the right speed from the modem. If you connect them wireless the speed will be a lot less. 

To increase the wifi you can use our wifi manager. It optimizes your wifi.