Skip to main content

Hi! I have an existing subscription that will end on February 2024, and I see that I can already apply for an extension.

If I get a new phone, will the monthly payment for the new device be started immediately on top of my current bill or only after my current subscription ends?

Hi @Ayo 

You can now simply renew your KPN mobile subscription, with a smartphone of your choice from the KPN online shop.
After approval of the extension, the device will then be sent to you by courier or parcel post.

Your extension (new contract with device) will only take effect after the end of your current contract (in February 2024).
The monthly device payment only starts as soon as your new contract (extension) comes into effect.

It will therefore not yet be charged on your current invoice for your existing contract, but only on the first invoice after your transfer (new contract) has taken effect, in February 2024.

To have helped you with this.

Thanks for the response @Michel.uit.Arnhem 

I got an answer from KPN webcare at twitter that the monthly payments for the device would start right away. Is that correct?

they said:

”When you get a new phone, you'll receive it right away alongside the monthly payments for it. 
The new subscription however, is put on hold until your current subscription ends in February”

The new contract will also contain a monthly plan to pay for the new phone. If ofcourse you choose to pay for the phone monthly. While the current contract is still going, you don't pay for the new phone @Ayo