Skip to main content

Today evening 2023-01-17 I got error message from My KPN mobile app that a maintenance work was performed. After that I got internet traffic blocked after Ookla Speedtest. I'm using SIM card with unlimited data. Every time when I start to do fast download, I get blocked after 10-11 seconds. To restore internet I then need to switch SIM off and on to initiate reconnect to the mobile station.

During Speedtest I can finish only Download part, which results in 120-134 Mbps. Upload part always results in connection error.

It didn't happen with Lebara SIM card. And KPN SIM card worked flawlessly for 30+ days before today evening.

I expect that it's a kind of firewall rules with blacklist triggered or something similar, but don't understand why? My traffic limit is not reached and data flow should not be blocked only because I start Netflix download.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Vladimir

Hi @rapatsky and welcome to our forum! That is an odd issue. The internet should only be slowed down if your daily limit of 10 GB has been reached. 

Is there an old phone you can use, or someone's phone you can borrow temporarily? If so, put your simcard in there and try downloading again. I'm curious whether the internet then stops as well, or if it then keeps going. If it keeps going it might be an issue with your phone in which case a visit to one our our KPN stores is the next step.

If the internet stops in a different phone as well, then please fill out your forumprofiel and let me know when you’ve done so. Then I can check the subscription settings to see what I can find here!Â