Skip to main content

Hello everyone, I applied to KPN, got the KPN Box 12, My apartment is recently re innovated and I have this cable coming from outside [No fiber-optics], I’m really not sure how to connect it to the modem since the modem only accepts the RJ sockets, any thoughts, suggestions or help please?

Hi @shyraza 

The green cable in the photo you took is a coaxial cable from cable provider Ziggo, and you cannot use it!

You connect the KPN modem (Box 12) to a KPN fiber optic connection (FTU) (usually an orange fiber optic cable) in the meter cupboard or to the old copper network (ISRA point).

Have you requested a fiber optic connection from KPN?
And is there an FTU (fiber optic modem in your meter cupboard) that has an orange fiber optic cable in it?
Did you also find a black NT in the package, with 3 lights on it?

But the KPN modem (BOX 12) is connected with a UTP cable, from the connection to the WAN port (with fiber optic) in the modem.
For a copper connection this is the DSL port.

You connect the KPN equipment to the fiber optic box. The fiber optic connection point or fiber optic box is usually in a corner of the (living) room on the street side or in the meter cupboard. Below are images of the fiber optic connection.

uitpunt.

If you have a fiber optic connection point, you must first place the fiber optic box on it.

Is there a fiber optic box? Then you can directly connect the modem to it.
Below are various connections so that you can recognize them more easily.

Genexis

Wit kastje FK-01

Wit kastje NT

Zwart kastje

GPON

XGS-PON

You connect the KPN equipment to the ISRA. The connection is usually in a corner of the (living) room on the street side or in the meter cupboard.
Do you have an ISRA and a wall socket in your home? Then connect your modem to the wall socket. That connection is often easier.
Below are images of the different connections to make it easier for you to recognize.

ISRA 1 met aansluitdoos

ISRA 2

Pairbonding ISRA

Aansluitdoos

Lasdop

Lasdop met aansluitdoos

Hello everyone, Thanks for your responses.

I’m sure that my address does not have fibre optic yet, it’s planned in my area but no actual work happened yet.

I’m also sure that I have nothing other than this green cable coming from outside related to internet, so no other modem.

Not I'm not sure how to move forward, Does that mean I cannot use KPN, or The modem 12 was the wrong modem to be sent?

I also tried to explain all of that over the phone with customer service but communication was not succeeding.

Any help please? Now I have a modem, subscription but no internet. 🙏

Call for a free KPN-mechanic @shyraza via 0800 0402