Skip to main content

Hi, 

I’m in Belgium and brought a new KPN prepaid card. I have already switch the network operator as BASE but still cannot use. Both make call or people try to call me.
Do you know why? Could you please help me out?

THANKS so much!

SailorMoon

It is not possible to activate a prepaid card outside the Netherlands. You need contact with the own KPN Network.
You should have activated it while still in the Netherlands. Where you bought it. Why not use it immediately. (?)

You could drive towards the Netherlands and when you are in reach of KPN Network you can activate by placing call (with connection!).

The other possibility is to let it activate from KPN (that’s a possibility they have since januari 1 this year). Only the waiting time here is about 7 days for a KPN moderator. In that case place the phonenumber in the profile!

VERY IMPORTANT:
To be able to use a KPN prepaid outside the KPN network self paid “beltegoed” (calling credit) is NESCESSARY!

You can do that AFTER ACTIVATION via the KPN website with iDeal (with dutch iban), creditcard or paypal. Via kpn.com/opwaarderen.

It would have been so mutch easier to activate immediately after purchase (why not?) and put some “beltegoed” (calling credit) on the card for outside the Netherlands.

And, why a Dutch card in Belgium? Why not a Belgium prepaid-card?

Hi @sailormoon, welcome to our forum! 

It is not possible to activate a prepaid card outside the Netherlands. You need contact with the own KPN Network.

This is correct, so my advice to you is the same as Peter's: 

You could drive towards the Netherlands and when you are in reach of KPN Network you can activate by placing call (with connection!).

The other possibility is to let it activate from KPN (that’s a possibility they have since januari 1 this year). Only the waiting time here is about 7 days for a KPN moderator. In that case place the phonenumber in the profile!

Is it possible for you to activate the connection by travelling to the Netherlands? If not, please leave the cellphone number it concerns and the simcardnumber in your forumprofiel under ‘Persoonlijke opmerkingen’.

Then I'll get to work.

We haven't heard from you @sailormoon, so I hope the issue has been resolved. If not, let us know.

Nice.

Reageer