Skip to main content
Beantwoord

I can't send or receive text messages with prepaid in the USA, I already topped up the bundle

• 27 August 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 36 keer bekeken

Hello, i am a kpn prepaid user. I received the following sms on August 8th, i was at sea working on a ship. 

Beste klant, let op: je hebt 5 maanden niet gebeld, ge-smst of internet gebruikt met je prepaid simkaart. Daarom blokkeren wij je tegoed en nummer over 30 dagen. Gebruik je telefoon of waardeer snel je tegoed op via kpn.com/onlineopwaarderen om je nummer en tegoed te behouden. Groet, KPN

I topped up a bundle immediately using prepaid app, but couldn’t send of course sms because out of range. Yesterday arrived to usa and topped up credit, but still unable to send or receive sms. Only the ones from kpn work. Later spent the credit as data roaming, still sms not working. Now I flew to Argentina and still unable to send or receive sms, even when the prepaid app shows i have Eenheden 30/30 for sms. 

Can somebody advise how to unblock the number from abroad  ? I will not return to the Netherlands any soon and need it asap. Thanks.

Hallo @Toia ,

You are not blocked yet, that will only happen around 6 or 7 September. See if you can use the internet now or make a short phone call. That will secure you a new period of six months. What you can also do is top up.

As long as you are in the USA, you cannot call or text with your bundle. In the USA it is data-only. In Argentina it should work. Otherwise try another mobile network

Original text; 

Je bent nu nog niet geblokkeerd, dat gebeurt pas rond 6 of 7 september. Kijk of je nu even internet kunt gebruiken of pleeg een kort telefoontje. Daarmee heb je dan weer een nieuwe periode van zes maanden veilig gesteld. Wat je ook kunt doen is opwaarderen.

Zolang je in de USA bent, kun je niet bellen of sms-en met jouw bundel. In de USA is het data-only. In Argentinië zou het wel moeten lukken. Probeer anders een ander mobiel netwerk. 

Alles over opwaarderen staat in dit topic: 

Hi again, tks for your reply. 

Already in Argentina, tried sending sms with the active bundle, received error messages. I topped up more credit (not bundle) and error messages disappeared but sms never reach the recipients. Tried the rest of the carriers / operators and same. The funny thing is that the sms are still charged and credit keeps going down as I can see in Prepaid app !!! …. I start to think that the “re-enabling” happens only if I use european / NL networks, which will not happen in the next months. Is this possible ? … is there any helpdesk number / whatsapp where I could call or message ? otherwise I am afraid I will loose my number on September 8th.

Thanks 

Ok @Toia ,

You can call +316 1200 1200 for the helpdesk. 

Bel +316 1200 1200 (pas op: belkosten). 

Aanvulling:
Bereikbaar maandag t/m vrijdag 08.00 tot 18.00 uur, zaterdag 08.00 tot 17.00 uur (NL tijd).
Zon- en feestdagen gesloten. Voor storing 24/7 bereikbaar. 

Reageer