Skip to main content

Hi,

As of the last few days I have been getting 403 errors on some websites. These include markplaats, ubereats, some google services etc.

I only get these errors on my home internet, I don’t get them on a mobile connection for example.

I have restarted my modem and went through all the usual steps with KPN phone support. 

One thing that seems to affect is the KPN Malware filter setting. If I turn it on, I can access some websites but not others. For example with the setting on, I can correctly access markplaats but still not ubereats.

Any ideas on what the issue is?

Hi @Ali91, welcome here! Generally, check these things: 

• you're sure the internet addresses are correct
  • you've cleared browser cookies and cache
  • you've disabled any VPN you might be running, or (indeed) the KPN Malware filter

If all these things are in order, and you still can't access one or more websites, check if you can access them through mobile data (as you have done). If the errors also show on mobile, the fault is most likely with the website itself. 

If, however, you can access the websites through mobile data, the root cause is often a blocking of your IP address by the webserver. In which case I recommend to contact the webmaster of the relevant website(s) with your IP address and asking if your address has been blocked. Your IP can be found in your MijnKPN environment, or by going to a site like www.whatismyip.com.