Skip to main content

hi

had scheduled an appointment today, all up and running, the mechanic came earlier today and connected the new black box to fibre socket but then wasn’t able to set me up and running because he said the connection wasn’t patched at the central.

I had this appointment scheduled 2 weeks and well, i need to work so sucking my phone’s data for video calls, not ideal - while he assured me this would be fixed by end of day today, i wanted to ask if it’s possible to have a follow up.

Can someone help me out? this was the response on the installation today:

Oorzaak: 20. Herplannen ivm geen licht/synch/data/internet

thanks,

Gabrio

Update:

Now, KPN network created an urgent ticket (i called them this morning and they confirmed), scheduled contractor for today 05.10.2021.

What they need to do is to patch the connection at the central and fix the uplink -

do you have a view on when that will happen ? they said KPN network is doing work on the central today.

it's now 18.30 and wondering if it's gonna happen or not.

I have all green lights on the fiber box (power, glass and ethernet) but the light on the router is green and flashing.

Finally this morning i talked with a colleague which resumed the practise and confirmed that a new engineer visit is NOT NECESSARY.

many thanks

If ‘glas’ is burning green it means that there is a signal coming in. Just wondering, in what port does the cable from the black fiber box (the NT) go into the modem?

Yes i think so too.

It is going to the red one so the WAN. As i said in the post earlier, the engineer said that kpn network didnt do the job they were supposed to (patching the line), his words and they have to fix it.

Contractor was dispatched today i was been told so why it does not work yet? 🤔

All lights on fiber box are solid green.

The Internet light on the kpn box is flashing green and i have no internet.

Thank you

Hi @gabrio81, I can imagine that you want to start using your internetconnection. Thank you for already adding your information to your forum profile, I looked them up.

I see that you've had multiple contacts on October 4th about your connection which wasn't working yet. The order was cancelled and I see that after that there's been a new order for internet. The date on which your new connection will be ready is on October 12th. I see you already received the confirmations via e-mail. The mechanic will visit you that afternoon as well to install your new connection. 

yes - i’ve asked that already but can you make sure that KPN network does their job at the central and patch the line BEFORE the new mechanic comes over?

otherwise is the same situation over again

thank you,

Gabrio

yes - i’ve asked that already but can you make sure that KPN network does their job at the central and patch the line BEFORE the new mechanic comes over?

otherwise is the same situation over again

thank you,

Gabrio

@gabrio81 I can imagine that you want to make sure everything is set and ready. KPN Network is a company apart from KPN as a provider. If you want to make sure what the status is, you can contact KPN Netwerk through their website.

Finally got connected yesterday and it is a bomb!!! 🚀🚀

Finally got connected yesterday and it is a bomb!!! 🚀🚀

Happy to hear that! :tada: