Skip to main content

Hello!

I've received my order for TV/Internet and was following the installation guide. When I got to the part where it asked me to identify the connection point of my house none of the images shown resemble my box. My connection point is a white box that appears on the fiber installation guide. I do not have any equipment to install fiber and I was told several times by KPN customer service that I would be getting fiber, even though the previous tenant told me he already had fiber. Can I still connect to wifi regardless ? How do I request the right equipment to install ? My wife is moving soon and she works from home so I need this resolved ASAP.

Hello @Hugo Roriz 

Can you place a photo of the connection box and point you have.

Do you know which internet provider the previous tenant had?

Hello @Hugo Roriz 

Can you place a photo of the connection box and point you have.

Do you know which internet provider the previous tenant had?

Hello!

The previous tenant had fiber with kpn, it is the only thing we can have here. He told me he never had an issue, he just got delivered the right equipment right away. One of the kpn technicians told me they didn't recognize my home address for some reason, even though it has worked flawlessly for the previous tenant. I was sent all the right equipment, I just need kpn to send the box for the connection point but it seems nobody can help me with that.

The connector on the first picture seems for Cable TV, KPN can't use that.

The box on the second picture is indeed the glasfiber box, you need a glasfiber unit to slide over it, like this one:

Strange that you can't order glasfiber, is it a normal housenumber or are there extra letters, like 1A?

What does this site say for your address: https://www.kpnnetwerk.nl/

The box on the second picture is indeed the glasfiber box, you need a glasfiber unit to slide over it, like this one:

Strange that you can't order glasfiber, is it a normal housenumber or are there extra letters, like 1A?

Yes, it's 13B. The website says I have fiber optic available, I just don't understand why they didn't sent it

Yes, it's 13B. The website says I have fiber optic available, I just don't understand why they didn't sent it

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Maybe they expect that the previous tennant left the glasfibermodem (he should have left it).

Have you contacted Customer service again? The free number is 0800 0402.
If they still don't want to send the glasfiber modem then just ask for a mechanic to install your internet connection because you can't do it yourself, for an installation a mechanic is free of charge.