Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m writing in English since my Dutch is yet to be better. 

I’m moving in 2 weeks to another place, student housing type of house complex where I share only a bathroom with 3 other people (might be relevant for the question). I want to get internet in my room, but there’s only a braun telecom poa-01-b coax splitter there. I want to get a only internet package, but cannot install the DSL without knowing where the ISRA point is. I tried to speak with a provider’s customer service, but they told me that they cannot send me a technician to install internet if I don’t know where the ISRA box is.

My questions: Does the internet services knows where the ISRA points are? Did they install the ISRA boxes (then they would know)? 

Thank you for any reply! Have a nice day!

Hello @angiii 

If you place an order on the KPN website, what does it say when you do the postcodecheck?

https://www.kpn.com/shop/internet-tv/internet-tv

Does it say something like this and what speeds does it say when you check:

If you can order internet on the website then somewhere there should be a ISRA point, it can look like one of these:

Most common places where to find it are in the metercupboard or livingroom.

The technicians don't exactly know where those ISRA point are, but if there should be one they can look for it and hopefully find it, sometimes previous occupants have illegally removed them, put them behind wallpaper etc.

@angiii Welcome! Did you manage to locate your ISRA Box yet? I see GeSp provided you with excellent advise. Maybe you can also contact the current occupants or landlord. Maybe they can provide you with some answers. 

Hi @GeSp

Thank you for your reply! 

I can place an order for internet at KPN, but cannot do anything with the internet package since the company that takes care of the housing complex for the landlord don’t give me sufficient info where the ISRA point it.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day!

Angi

Hi @Remco_ 

I still don’t know where the ISRA point is located. I inquired info from my landlord, but still didn’t recieve any answer. My neighbours need to deal with the same problem, unfortunately. 

@angiii That's unfortunate 😞 . It depends on the type of appartement but it's possible that there's only one ISRA available if it's a subdivided normal house. I'm hope you're able to locate the ISRA Box.