Skip to main content

Hello,

I ordered an internet connection 2 weeks ago that was going to be activated today (16/7/2024). I did receive the modem today but now I have a technician coming to install it next week so I cannot activate the connection. 

There is no need for that , I did installed myself ( all lights green except for the internet light still flashing of course but because in the app says that the activation date is next week). The previous tenant of the apartment told me that a technician from KPN already came last year to install the cables and the port in the wall.

Can you activate the internet as soon as possible and cancel the appointment ?

Thank you 

P.S. Sorry I am writing in English, my Dutch is pretty bad 

Why did you made an appointment with the engineer?

The activation of the internet was scheduled for the 16/7/2024. Suddenly I received an email saying that an engineer is necessary for setting up the line and the activation was postponed until his/her arrival the 25/7/2024. But it is not needed.

Then you have to wait until 25th. I think the engineer is important for the connection.

4 weeks ago there was a modem working perfectly connected to the kpn socket in the wall of my house. I just move in, so I got a new contract with kpn, they sent the modem and I connected it. All lights green, internet one flashing (as expected due to the line not being activated). I check the connection with the street and it is still there and I even check the wire itself with a multimeter. Everything is working , I just need the activation of the line. I don’t understand why an engineer is needed and I really need the internet connection to work.

Hello @JavierNadal 

You have a DSL connection, correct?

Most likely you now get a pairbonding connection for higher speed internet and an engineer is necessary to install that.

I still don’t get it honestly. On the 30/6/2024 the internet provided by KPN was working perfectly in the apartment. That contract ends, the modem is disconnected and brought back to a KPN store. On 2/7/2024 I order exactly the same yearly internet plan, connection speed...etc with a different name for the new tenant of the apartment. Activation for the new line given for 16/7/2024 and the new modem (same model as the previous one) arrived 2 days before. And suddenly, the activation gets delayed and a engineer needs to come hence I cannot work at home and I have to postpone my vacations.

With all due respect, I don’t get it. I don’t want a higher speed internet. If that it the solely purpose on why the start of the connection has been delayed, I will cancel the order.

P.S. thanks for taking the time answering.

Hi @JavierNadal, welcome to the community. This doesn't sound like something that can be done from here. Often when the signal is not active an engineer needs to fysically change something in the network. Probably outside of your home, but he/she needs to check if it works. Dod you plan an engineer yet,or not? If not, it's best to do so soon. The quickest way is by caling us at 0800-0402.

Reageer