Skip to main content

Hello I would like to know how many kg Co2 I emited by using your service. thank you

Hi @Haacesttroiszero, welcome on our board. 

I don't think there is a way to measure exactly how much co2 you have personally used with us, I don't have that exact data. 

But if you would like some some indication regarding our sustainability, perhaps you will enjoy these: we have been chosen most sustainable brand in the Dutch Telecom sector and also a climate leader in 2019. 

Hello I would like to know how many kg Co2 I emited by using your service. thank you

KPN does a quite good job compared to competition, but CO2 emission also depends on your own usage. And that of all other customers.

Yes exactly, I want to know my own part

(and if you do not want to make it public, I agree to receive personally, but using the forum was the only way I found to ask this question)

Yes exactly, I want to know my own part

Then you have to state very clear what the conditions are of how you use the KPN service. Your own part consist of 1) the equipment at your home and 2) the part in the infrastructure due to your internet/TV/VoIP usage. So how many hours do you watch TV for example.

The part 2) might be an average, so total KPN CO2 emission divided by about 5M customers.

That is very well complete described in this link

https://www.computer.org/csdl/proceedings-article/issst/2011/05936908/12OmNC8Msuy

KPN is not different from any other provider. 

(and if you do not want to make it public, I agree to receive personally, but using the forum was the only way I found to ask this question)

No need. It's just that there is no way to measure exactly how much CO2 is being used per customer. 

You might wanna take a look on this site:
https://www.overons.kpn/en/kpn-in-the-netherlands/sustainabillity/environmentally-aware

According to it KPN uses 100% green electricity and is carbon neutral since 2015.

So, the impact from using KPN should be effectively 0 carbon emission's (sure there's C02 generated but this is compensated). There's even work going on to further reduce the C02 emission's and C02 usage that's part of the fabrication of equipment.

Honestly, I'm often surprised that KPN doesn't advertise with this more, but it's still great there doing it.

You might wanna take a look on this site:
https://www.overons.kpn/en/kpn-in-the-netherlands/sustainabillity/environmentally-aware

According to it KPN uses 100% green electricity and is carbon neutral since 2015.

So, the impact from using KPN should be effectively 0 carbon emission's (sure there's C02 generated but this is compensated). There's even work going on to further reduce the C02 emission's and C02 usage that's part of the fabrication of equipment.

Honestly, I'm often surprised that KPN doesn't advertise with this more, but it's still great there doing it.

For an average individual, it is very hard to check and verify the claims done by KPN. Like many others that make these kind of claims, they have to rely on a sort of trade in ‘energy/electricity types’ covered by showing and having certificates.

As you already indicate, it is about advertising. Maybe it is ‘100% true’, who knows. Like the claim ‘1st in NL with 8Gbps’. That is easy to check that is it not true.