Skip to main content

Hello,

My contract is ended but I still keep using KPN Internet&tv. However, if l check your new promotion you are giving 6 months discount for the new subscribers. I have called you to extend my contract and to be able to have this 6 months discount but disappointingly I got an answer that I cannot have the this promotion if I extend my ended contract. 

This doesn't make sense for me. Basically you are telling me to unsubscribe now and re-subscribe again to be able to have this 6 months discounts promotion. Meaning; you will have to give me 2 new receivers, 2 new remote control, 1 new modem which I already have... Seriously! why do you want to spend money for those tools as a company instead of just extending my contract with the promotion? or you just want me to go to other internet providers. 

It’s really difficult for me to understand your strategy. It will be very difficult for KPN to keep customers as me. I will let know all my friends and my family about this ridiculous sales strategy. 

If you're still using KPN Internet&TV your contract isn't ended. In first instance you are subscribing for a one year contract. That means you can end the contract after one year. It doesn't mean that it's ended after that year because then you cannot use your connection anymore. So after one year you have a contract for indefinite time with the possibility to end it after one month. Every provider works like that, so if you want discount you have to switch every year from KPN to another and back (or not). If you have an energy contract it works the same and with other providers as well

Hi @Bertino123 and welcome to our forum. I'm sorry to hear you don't agree with our strategy. Saxman explained the situation well, you’re only considered a new subscriber once you haven’t subscribed to our internet services for a period of at least 6 months. When that's not the case you can always extend or switch up your contract, but you won't be eligible for the discount specifically for new subscribers. We’ve always had some form of a welcome discount and I take it you got a discount when you first subscribed to our services as well. 

Every provider works like that, so if you want discount you have to switch every year from KPN to another and back (or not).

This is the only advice I'd give you as well if a yearly discount is what you want. 

Hi @Sanne_M 

Thank you for your reply. It’s very clear for me now. In this case I will end my subscription (since my contract was only for one year) and re-subscribe again as a new subscriber to be eligible for the discount or I will go to another provider who gives me a better discount. 

If that's your decision, keep this in mind:

you’re only considered a new subscriber once you haven’t subscribed to our internet services for a period of at least 6 months.

So unless you'll want to be without services for six months this is not something I'd advise. Other than that, glad I managed to give some clarification and enjoy your Sunday! 

Then my decision will be going for other internet provider company.

Enjoy your sunday evening @Sanne_M 

I’m seconding this post. Does this apply also if the request is for replacing to the newest hardware and providing the wifi hot spots?

I don’t see the gain in losing customers toward a competitor instead of upgrading and retaining a loyal and existing customer. I understand the welcome package, however how does that work for incentivizing retention? Usually when a contract is expiring, it’s good practice to renegotiate. Energy providers, banks, and many other businesses care about retention and worry about churn, so they  provide incentives. 

What’s your thoughts on this @Sanne_M ?

Thanks

Reageer