Skip to main content

I negotiated the complete KPN package with 2 televisions, internet, telephone and mobile, plus I asked for the option to have Spanish and Italian channels, and they told me: No problem, I activate a package for the extra channels Spanish and Italians for 7 euros. Everything was recorded twice, and I switched from Ziggo to KPN, but with the condition of these channels. Plus free installation etc. etc.
Yesterday the very good mechanic installed everything, the problem is that I will have to pay an extra 116 euros or similar, which no one has ever told me, and in addition I called the support (waiting more than 20 minutes), requesting my package that I pay extra, of Spanish and Italian channels, and ........ Support tells me that this package is non-existent and that they can't do anything for me.
I called the lawyer and I am waiting for an answer from KPN, because there are 2 records in their files where they assure me and now I want all my money back.

Hey @Luca De Santis, welcome to the KPN Forum. Do I understand correctly that the extra costs came from the installation? If the technician has had to use additional materials or devices and/or it cost more time than planned, there will be additional fees. The technician should have spoken with you about this.

As for Spanish and Italian channels, we only have Rai Uno available as part of the standard package (on channel 96). We do not have a Spanish channel. We do have a French one (France 2 on channel 92). I think the colleague who informed you that a separate channel package was needed, was confused. We have many foreign channels, confusion about which country some of the channels are from can happen. You were not misinformed on purpose, however, I am sorry that this happened.

From the price you mentioned, I think the activated channel package is the Pluspakket (€6,99). We (and you yourself as well via the MijnKPN or via the settop box (Menu > Instellingen>. Zenderpakketten)) can easily remove this from your subscription. This will decrease your monthly price.

If you have any trouble with this,  fill in your forum profile and reply here when you've done so. I will take a look at what has happened, and what we can do.