Skip to main content

Hello kpn!

so I just recently ordered the internet package but I realize I have a different internet port. I’ve asked for assistance many times but the only response I get is to watch the video. 
should I order a new cable or can you guys can change it?

Be aware, I’m just a Dutch guy who likes to help others, not a professional moderator who is paid for that. But I guess those are doing at this time something different.   

However, with the way you ask your question, probably nobody beside a ghost can  understand what your problem is. 

If you’ve order an Internet package at KPN, you got what they call an Experiabox, you can say it is at least misleading because in their documentation they start calling it a modem (in fact it is router/modem). In that you can insert an UTP RJ45 cable to connect that with your ethernet port in your Pc with the same RJ45 connector in your PC.

Although if you don’t have that, you can as well use Wifi but then you’ve to connect to the given router name and its password on the back of what is written of that experiabox (or maybe modem) as they call it.  

In my opinion, you are right, KPN documentation is very much based on dummies. Don’t blame them as we see here from some moderators, their knowledge is just like that. (Be aware I wrote some).  

Hi @Mr Hendrick . Welcome to our forum.

You have a different internet port? Do you mean the connection in the wall ? What kind of line do you have? Copper (DSL)  or Fiber?  

Can you post pictures of what you mean? 

Like Erwin allready pointed out, their is 2 types of connections with KPN Copper and Fiber

If you have Copper usually their is an small cable (RJ11) Telephone cable that comes from an Wall outlet and you need to put that cable on the Grey port that is called DSL. 

If you got Fiber you most likely got an small box what they call NT or FTU with 3 Green lights ontop of that with names like Power Pon and Ethernet. from their can connect an cable into the Experiabox(modem) in the Red port which is called WAN.