Skip to main content

Hello,

I have requested a subscription for fiber glass internet. I received from KPN a package with the glasvezelkastje model TY01 and the modem KPN Box 12.

I recently moved to the house and in my meterkast (in the common hall in the building), the situation was already arranged as in the picture before. The grey ethernet cable goes from that HUAWEI box directly to the wall in my apartment, which is where I would connect the modem. I tried attaching the modem to that, all lights were green except the internet one that was blinking green.

I thought of replacing one of the orange boxes (since also the manual of the TY01 says I might find already orange boxes), but it seems I cannot move it more than this without breaking it.

I also tried hooking the TY01 to the yellow fiber coming from the orange box, but still no Internet.

Please help with clear instructions on how should I make the connections, as this situations is seemingly not envisaged in the manual or instructional videos.

Best option in this case is to call us (0800-0402, free). The colleague you talk to can walk you through it. And if that doesn't work, they can send a technician, or raise a ticket.

Edit: a technician is needed for this one. Please call us :)

Best option in this case is to call us (0800-0402, free). The colleague you talk to can walk you through it. And if that doesn't work, they can send a technician, or raise a ticket.

A colleague can’t walk him or her trough with it. A mechanic needs to change the NT. 

Hi all,

my issue was already solved last week. The problem was the patching in the meterkast in the street that was not done.

I had to call the customer service two times, as the first time I was not helped at all as the lady who answered simply insisted that I “had to follow the instructions and just use the ‘red cable’”, despite my tentatives to explain that the “red cable” is a simple (short) ethernet cable and could not be used due to the distance between the meterkast in the picture and the plug in my living room. She then said that I had to pay 70 EUR for a technician since I was not able to do it.

The second call went much better and the guy understood the problem and scheduled a technician appointment (for free).

So far the line works very well and with LAN connection I have ~ 970 Mbit/s speed and with WiFi ~ 700 Mbit/s, so I’m very satisfied. Hopefully I won’t occur in problems in the future.