Skip to main content

Dear Team,

It's really urgent for me to get the wifi fixed as it stopped working after a power outage of 5 mins. In the afternoon today.

We're working from home and this outage is a big impact.

I did restart modem, fiber box and also put a new modem(provided by KPN shop nearby). I did call KPN helpline and also visited Store. No success till now. Please help to arrange a mechanic to fix it asap. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello @KumarGaurav and welcome here, glad you found us!

I totally understand the urgency regarding this matter so I would gladly have a look to see what we can do for you. Could you therefore fill in your profile and let us know when you have done so?

Thanks for replying!

I have filled in my details for my profile.

By mistake, I made your last reply as answer. Hope, that's fine :)

Thanks for replying!

I have filled in my details for my profile.

Thanks!

Could you also reset the fiber box (NT) by making it powerless for at least 2 minutes? I don't mean the Experia Box but the Experia Box is connected with the Fiber Box/NT. I hope you know which one I mean. 

Yeah, i see that. That shows a green light with Connection led. I did restarted that multiple times and restarting now as well and turning it off for more than 2 mins.

Yeah, i see that. That shows a green light with Connection led. I did restarted that multiple times and restarting now as well.

Be sure to make that one (Fiber Box) powerless for at least 2 minutes. After that you can switch it back on and also restart the Experia Box. Hopefully after that your connection is back!

I have done the procedure for both the devices. I don't see it working yet. Both Internet & Wifi led is blinking continuously on Experia box.

led is green for Connection at Fibre box.

No success yet.

The leds 'Internet' and 'Wifi' should be blinking, that means there should be some kind of connection. Did you al ready gave the Experia Box (12) a factory reset? On the back there is a small 'hole' where it says 'Reset'. You need a paperclip or a toothpick to give the box a proper factory reset, Wait until the 'power' led becomes red. Please let me know if that has solved the problem!

Is factory reset really required? Because I also brought a new device from KPN Shop, and dis try connecting that. Nothing helped.

Is the Red color cable ported in Xpreria box, also shows a led light in the back of Xperia box female point?

Is factory reset really required? Because I also brought a new device from KPN Shop, and dis try connecting that. Nothing helped.

Is the Red color cable ported in Xpreria box, also shows a led light in the back of Xperia box female point?

I'm not really sure if I understand everything you're saying, I'm sorry! But yes, a factory reset is something I would definitely advise to do here. According to my system there should be a signal and a factory reset could solve this issue. 

Factory reset done. No wifi yet.

What I was telling that the led light of red cable joining fiber and experia box, is not showing anything. I think there should be a light where red cable is plugged in Experia box.

And Wifi is not working yet :(

Factory reset done. No wifi yet.

What I was telling that the led light of red cable joining fiber and experia box, is not showing anything. I think there should be a light where red cable is plugged in Experia box.

And Wifi is not working yet :(

Do you have a laptop, pc or maybe game console (Xbox or Playstation) that you can connect to the Experia Box with a wire? I need to know if the wired connection is working. I know the wifi isn't working but that doesn't mean there is no connection at all. That is why it is so important for me to know if a wired connection is working. About the red cable and the led light; that is right. Do you have another cable somewhere near to see if that would fix the problem?

Wired connection with laptop is also NOT working.

It's showing 'Internet Disconnected’ over 'mijnmodem.kpn' portal. I suspect that connection output from Finer box is somehow not working and that's also causing the led light of Red cable not turning on.

There's no outgoing network from Fiber box, even though it shows that Fiberbox is connected. So red cable from Fiber box is not getting any network, in my sense.

I really need this internet as already lost my work of today for more than an hour.

Can we arrange something quickly? A call to troubleshoot in one go? A mechanic to fix it in the morning? And I'm thanking you a-lot for your response and suggestions to get this fixed.

In that case the only thing I can do for you is to send a mechanic. I made an appointment on the first possible option that was available and that is wednesday (november 16th) between 14.00 and 16.00. Hopefully that suits you! 

I really need this internet as already lost my work of today for more than an hour.

Can we arrange something quickly? A call to troubleshoot in one go? A mechanic to fix it in the morning? And I'm thanking you a-lot for your response and suggestions to get this fixed.

I'm really sorry but I don't have the option to send a mechanic sooner :( 

Thanks for making the appointment. Can't it be of tomorrow? Also I want to know if I need to pay for it? I'm already losing my money due to not able to work from home in the current situation and also for the subscription.

And do you see that Fiber box shutdown for more than 5 mins might be a root cause for this whole downtime? Can you reset network from your end, please? Thanks again!

Thanks for making the appointment. Can't it be of tomorrow? Also I want to know if I need to pay for it? I'm already losing my money due to not able to work from home in the current situation and also for the subscription.

When the problem is on our side you don't have to pay for the mechanic (naturally). Like for an exemple; when the mechanic comes over and he sees the wire is nog connected in the right way, you might have to pay for the visit of the mechanic. If you are in the oppurtunity, you could try to replace the cable between the Experia Box and the Fiber Box (NT), just to sort things out. But i don't think you have to worry about that, it seems like a problem on our side as far I can judge this situation. Unfortunately you don't have a mobile KPN number (at least not registered on your adress) otherwise I could put soe free data on it. And I'm really sorry I can't send a mechanic any sooner, if so I would have done so immediately! 

Thanks for explaining!

I do have KPN sim but from company with limited data.

Can you arrange that in a new connection and I get that new KPN sim connection from nearby KPN shop tomorrow. I think that would be great option for me for tomorrow n day after tomorrow, until it get fixed.

Please do guide me. Thanks again!

No problem, this is the least I could do for you right now. 

Unfortunately I don't have the option to add data to a company phone, I'm sorry :(

Then, please do share me the details that I can show to KPN shop tomorrow morning and get that Sim card. And looking forward to Mechanic visit on 16th Nov. Thanks!

I'm really sorry but that is something I can not arrange for you, I'm not in contact with one of our shops. I hope you will find another temporay solution. When the problem is fixed, I will make sure the time you weren't able to use the internet will be refunded. 

Thanks Janz!

If I don't get any option tomorrow morning, I'm gonna take a subscription of Mobile from KPN and then ask you to put data into that 😃 Good night!

Thanks Janz!

If I don't get any option tomorrow morning, I'm gonna take a subscription of Mobile from KPN and then ask you to put data into that 😃 Good night!

Thanks, the same for you @KumarGaurav and sorry again for the inconvenience! 

Hi,

Good morning!

I have updated my KPN Prepaid number here, on which you can add data, so that I can atleast manage working from home until Internet is fixed. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kumar, unfortunately I can't activate additional data on these types of sims, only subscriptions. I hope you have the option to work on an alternative location of have another subscription available.