Skip to main content

Good morning,

Due to the layout of my house, the aansluitpunt has been installed in my entrance corridor (white walls) at a place where there is no easy access to power supply for the glasvezelkastje (type XGS-PON - a dammed ugly big black box coming on top of the small white aasnluitpunt). Would it be possible to install a glasvezel cable between the aansluitpunt and the glasvezelkastje. As such, i can relocate the glasvezelkastje next to the modem & TV (which lay at the opposite side of the house)?

If so, would KPN provide this cable and perform the installation?

Thanks in advance for your lights!

No, the (O)NT from KPN can only be installed on the FTU

Thanks Ik_Hussel!

but would it then be possible to have a different glasvezelkastje? I can see on other discussion more suitable one - like the one here: 

thanks!

Thanks Ik_Hussel!

but would it then be possible to have a different glasvezelkastje? I can see on other discussion more suitable one - like the one here: 

thanks!

This was a temporary solution and not in use anymore. Second problem is that this is for GPON which is an older technology that KPN is not using anymore unless you already have it. So no new customers will get GPON.

The only solution is making a power point (wandcontactdoos) nearby and get an cat5e or above cable from your (O)NT to the modem. If you have problems doing all that yourself KPN can help send a technician. The technician can ask for a move of the FTU is he sees no possible way to fix it for you. 

Thanks for your answer - all clear! i will install the cables in a kabelgot then - not perfect but it will do the trick.

thanks!