Skip to main content

I have recently taken out an internet subscription with KPN, and received a modem and fibre optic connection box in the post.

I connected the fibre optic box to the junction in my cupboard and got a green-light for power, no light for connection, and a red light for alarm. I contacted KPN and had an engineer come out. He took a look and concluded that there was no issue with the connection coming in to my house, so the issue must be with the local service, and he set up an appointment for a second engineer.

The second engineer came yesterday and had a look but was unable to resolve the issue and stated that they would file a report on the issue but was not sure when or if the issue could be fixed.

First - would you be able to advise on who I should contact in order to resolve this issue? I have tried calling the customer service number, but my Dutch is very new so I am struggling to find the correct option.

Second, would it be possible for me to get a temporary router that works on the copper rather than fibre optic connection so I have internet in the meantime while this issue is ongoing?

Hi, @MattEagling . Welcome to the forum.

Sadly I dont have an update yet.  KPNNetwerk concluded that their part of the connection is working.  No we need to wait for a KPN mechanic to look at it again.

Do you have a mobile phone number with KPN? If so, I can put a large free bundle on it.Â