Skip to main content

Hello all,

I need some help with my internet at home. Since this past weekend our internet connection (via Wifi) is non-existent, meaning we are connected, but pages/applications take 10-20 minutes to load IF they load at all :frowning2: - which is frustrating because we do have glasvezel internet.

Here is some background information:

Type abonnement with KPN: Hussel Internet 100 Mbit/s
Contract expired on 31/01/2021 
Setup: 

1. Experiabox v10A (provided by KPN) and
  2. Google Nest Wifi Router (+ Google Nest Wifi Point)

What I have tried:

• I checked the KPN site for my area and there are no storings
  • Unplugged the KPN Router from the power supply
  • Unplugged the Google Nest Wifi Router from the power supply
  • Left them unplugged for 30 minutes.
  • Then plugged in the KPN Router, made sure it was completely up and running and then plugged in the Google Nest Wifi Router - waited for a few minutes.
  • Tried connecting to the Wifi from the KPN Router and it was very slow - applications/pages taking between 10 - 20 minutes to load.
  • Q1: Is it possible that I am being throttled for some reason? Is this done here in The NL?
  • Then tried connecting to the Wifi from the Google Nest Wifi Router and the connection was non-existent
  • Tried the above steps 3 times with no luck
  • I then had a chat with someone from support called Dennis and he suggested that I reset the KPN Router, which I did, twice
  • BUT now I cannot log into the KPN Router. The default password on the back does not work and neither does the password I set for it when I originally got the router (yes the password is correct, thanks to LastPass for this!).
  • Q2: I assume this means that the router resets did not work?
  • Q3: How do I reset my KPN Router admin password?
  • I connected an ethernet cable to the KPN Router and to my laptop to try and troubleshoot further but again, connection is extremely slow - pages take up to 10-20 minutes to load.
  • Q4: Is it possible that the KPN Router is no longer working as expected? Is it possible to get it replaced?
  • Q5: Shall I reset the Google Nest Wifi Router as well to see if that works?
  • Interesting note: Some devices like the Philips Hue, vacuum cleaner, Google Nest hub, doorbell and thermostat etc are connected to the Google Nest Wifi Router, with connections dropping every hour or so.

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Analiza

Update:

Called support and the only thing I had not done was to unplug the glasvezel cable before resetting the KPN router. Connection is working so far! :ok_hand_tone1:

And, the problem is back again this morning… :frowning2:

I followed the same steps again,

• uplugged the fibre connection from the power supply
  • unplugged the kpn router from the power supply
  • unplugged the google nest wifi from the power supply

Left it for 30 minutes, plugged one by one back into the power supply and there is no difference to the connection whether it is wired or wifi.

I double checked again and there is no storing in the area.

HELP!!

Called support, it appears their system (which allows them to log a call for a technician to come out) is down. Will have to call back later, again.

Super frustrated! :rage:

I just remembered that STEDIN did some work along our road last week (most of the area was dug up) - is it possible that they damaged the fibre cable?

Hello @azilana, thank you for your message! I understand this may be frustrating, especially when you have glasvezel. It shouldn't take you 10 to 20 minutes to open a website, not via wifi, but especially not when using a cabled connection. I have tried resetting your modem from here, but that seems to have failed. I have now requested a technician to look at your connection. The technician will come by tomorrow, March 5th, between 8 and 10 am. You should receive a text message and email to confirm this appointment. If you are not available tomorrow morning, you can give us a call at 0800 0402 to move the appointment.

Hi @Denise_ 

Yes, I will be available Friday between 8 am and 10 am :thumbsup_tone1:

Thank you very much for your response! :thumbsup_tone1: