Skip to main content

Good morning, 

I am working from with a Thin Client i got from my company, and there is a issue with the hostname. 

Basically the connection hostname of my thin client has changed with the new kpn connection, that means that the IT dept from my company can see as a hostname the brand of the modem:  SAGEMCOM and not the actual hostname of the device. 

This is a issue because another person on the company has a KPN connection and so the same hostname and it is not possible to have two. 

I would like to know if the hostname can be changed in order to solve the issue. 

Thanks

Welcome to the forum @Salvatore84! I have checked with the software developers that are resonsible for this part of the software. They have indicated to me they are aware of the issue and are developing a fix that will be implemented with a future software update. I can't place a date on this update but we are doing our best to make sure this is fixed as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your reply!

That’s good to know !

Do you know if this is an error related only to thin client?

using my personal laptop the correct hostname arrives to my company. 

Maybe if I ask my company to have a laptop, instead of the Thin client, i can solve the issue.

I cannot say that with absolute certaintly. I would recommend you try it out because I unfortunately have no way to test that for you.