Skip to main content

Hello everyone.

KPN 1000Mbps internet connection was established in my newly moved house, but the router is not inside the house, as in the photo, so its speed has dropped a lot, what can I do to move the router inside my house?

I don't know what to do because I just arrived in the Netherlands.

KPN employee did not help me move the Router inside my house.

what I can do ? 

kind regards 

Hi Yasen,

If there is a way for an ethernet cable from the meterbox on the picture to the place where you want the router to be placed you can use that cable to replace the current red one. in my opinion thats the best/most stable option.

Other solution if there is a free poweroutlet in the meterbox you could purchase an wifi access point and 2 Devolo devices to get the ethernet signal via the powerlines to the place where you want the wifi accesspoint to be placed. depending on the accesspoint it could tandem with the router wifi or replace it entirely

A bit more expensive and because ive seen different experiences with devolo's (ranging from “great, never ever want something different” to “doesnt work at all”) its not something i would reccomend. 

Besides that, a 1000mbps connection is a ethernetcable speed (approximately 970 mbps could be reached.) Wifi will be way lower than 1000 (350 in my experience should be obtainable usually)

So what speeds are you reaching and with what kind of connection (wifi/Cable)