Skip to main content

Activation issue 

hi 

KPN technician came today in the morning to get connection done for fiber glass. 

Apparently I had a connection date today and he could connect and activate the special box for fiber glass. He was very helpful and even tried it several times during a day to get it activated with no success. 

I am very disappointed as something like simply activating a customer by system should be done in advance and I have signed up for KPN a while ago. 

customer service team was not helpful at all. First I had to wait for 15 minutes to get someone and after explaining my situation the service representative was gone to check for another 15 minutes saying she doesn’t know and no timeline or anything was given except wait. We are going to a weekend without Internet and TV and potentially for Monday as well. 

Hi @Ssalomov . Welcome to the forum.

Did they make a ticket for you? What did the mechanic say before he left?

Can you fill out your profile and give me a sign? That way I can take a look.

Hi @Erwin_ 

Thanks a lot for having a look into this. 

Technician mentioned that central/system activation supposed to happen on 04/02/2022. And that couls happen anytime. He was very helpful and even tried to do check if activation from system was done several times during the day, but no success. I have contacted customer service team, but they told me again I will get contacted on Sunday for an appointment. I am still struggling to understand if a device is already installed why it is so difficult to just activate from anywhere. I can set up modem myself and do everything else. 

Your connection needs a patch.  It looks like that hasn't happend yet. I'm afraid we need to wait.

Do you have mobile number with KPN? I can add a free bundle if you want. 

Hi @Erwin_ 

Thanks a lot for following up. 

Unfortunately I don't have a mobile with KPN. Anyway home internet can be speeded up?

Thanks,

Shokhrukh 

@Ssalomov I am afraid it can't be speeded up. 

We are trying to activate your internet as soon as possible! Sorry for the inconvinience. 

@Rutger_  

Hi Rutger. Thanks for the support. Yesterday customer service agent mentioned there will be an appointment made for Monday, but I have received a call or an email. Is there a way to follow up?

Thanks

Shokhrukh 

That's right! There is no appointment at the moment. Only when your connection is ready will you be contacted to schedule an appointment.

Hi @Vikash 

Thanks for the answer. Is it possible to get a timeline when connection will be ready?

Thanks

Sadly no update yet. :-(

Hi @Erwin_ 

Is it still possible to arrange an appointment, otherwise if all slots will be booked up, then I may wait even longer. Because of working from home, I am bit too much dependent on the internet, and mobile hotspot sharing connection is unfortunately not very stable. 

Kind regards, 

Shokhrukh

This is taking a long time, I agree. I asked a colleague to have another look at this. Hopefully he wil respond soon.

Hi @Erwin_ 

Appreciate your support. I think all equipment is there and access point (black box) have been installed on first appointment. Only thing is activation of it. 

Kind regards, 

Shokhrukh 

Hi @Erwin_  @Vikash  @Rutger_ 

Is there any way to escalate this issue. Customer Service team is giving an estimated timeline which is getting more wrong and wrong. On the 4th of February I was told it will take a day. Then weekend came, promise was for Monday/Tuesday. Now it is Thursday morning, I have not received a single proactive call from KPN and I always had to call myself, even when CS agent promised to call me in the morning but hasnt done so. I would like to put a formal complaint and escalation of this situation, as this is super frustrating and highly unprofessional. KPN should have checked process if connection is ready on 20th of January when I signed up, not 3 weeks later

Sadly we don't have that ‘power'..  All I can see is that yesterday, they send another mail to KPNNetwerk to give us ‘the go ahead’.  We are depending on them and I have no further authority to speed up that proces :-(

Hi @Erwin_ 

Thanks for the reply. I had a call with KPNNetwerk and Customer Agent told me that everything is in order from their side. Then again I called Customer Service of KPN and they are saying something must be fixed from KPN Netwerk. I am confused, is there is anything else that is going on?

Thanks,

Shokhrukh

Hi ​​​​ @Erwin_ 

It has been a week and still no resolution for the issue. Is there any update on this?

Kind regards, 

Shokhrukh 

Sadly no.  Did you have contact with the mechanic? I see someone is trying to order a 4g booster for you. (a way to work temporarily on 4g).

Can you also provide the serial nummer on you XGPON box? I want to check something.

Hi @Erwin_ 

I tried to get some information from customer service, but they didnt give me an update and told me back office should contact me within 2 working days, I guess we are talking about Tuesday next week. 

I have sent you all details of XGPON. Everything is installed, and connected to electricity. I took a photo of box just in case, if it could be activated remotely, it will save a trip of mechanic if it can be done remotely. 

As for 4g booster, that would be very helpful. Any chance I can pick it up from KPN store in the Hague? This would at least help with remote work.

Thanks

Hi 

Is there any update yet?

thanks

My collegae called you today to make an appointment. I sure hope the mechanic will get things working tomorrow!  

Hi 

Indeed, we had an appointment with technician today. Issue was still not fixed and I still no connection. They are saying it was not fixed in central or something along lines. Error in the report was 20. 

Kind regards, 

Shokhrukh 

@Ssalomov My systems say you are finally connected. Is this true?

Hi Erwin

It is working well. They activated it on Thursday evening. 

Super fast super happy

Thanks for all the support

Well, it's about time :-)