Skip to main content

Hi

Internet connectivity is getting slower and slower, now to the point that's difficult to navigate.
I have already restarted it multiple times over the past weeks, done the online troubleshoot (cable internet, Experia modem)
but it did not solve.

FYI Download badwidth looks ok 21MB/s the upload it's extremely unbalanced 0.6 to 1 (MB/s) when I am lucky.

What are the next steps? because as of now, except a few timeframes it's almost not usable.

Thanks

Hi @GB175, welcome to our forum! 
That's quite slow indeed! Are you experiencing these speeds connected with Wifi or a wired connection?
With a regular VDSL connection the upload will always be lower than the downloadspeed

Hi @Thomas and thanks!

I am experiencing them on both situations (wired and cable) - what disappoints me is also that at subscription time the expected bandwidth shown was 50MB but in the reality is less than its half (21MB).

I am also aware of the non symmetry between Up and Down, but here it seems too unbalanced (I expect with a VDSL to be able to perform a simple Zoom meeting, with a decent quality)

Dear Regards,
G.

I'm afraid the limit here is the capacity of the network at your location. I've taken a look with the data from your profile. 21Mbit/s is the maximum available speed on your adress. Our postcodecheck should also reflect that on kpn.com

You can also check this on our backend https://kpn-compleet-fpi-info.fourstack.nl/

Until we get a fiber connection to your house I'm afraid that's going to change. More info on that you can find on the page of our www.kpnnetwerk.nl.
You can also subscribe on our website to get an alert: Glasvezelwekker that way you'll be notified as soon as something changes.

Hi @Thomas 

Thanks for checking and being transparent, I appreciate that. What follows is not directed to you:

The point is, at subscription time KPN made me believe they were 50MB and I am paying for them but I get less than half - fine (till a certain point) being tricked by KPN but on the other hands I neither get 21MB stable, there are large timeframes in which the speed experience is comparable to an ISDN, slow navigation, buffering streaming and embarassing choppy meeting quality.

So, the bottom line is: does not make sense to pay the double to have an unstable DSL.

Best Regards,
G.

I totally understand how you feel tricked here but I'm afraid these speeds are “up to 50Mbit/s” and we simply don't have subscriptions for every specific speed below that. Sadly I don't have a solution for this.

That being said I did take another look at the connection and it does seem there might also be an issue with the connection itsself. I made a ticket for this and our backoffice will contact you about this. Maybe they have some additional questions or maybe they'll need to send over a technician. 

Can you let me know how this all pans out?  

Thanks @Thomas I really appreciate your help and for opening a ticket!

I experienced a disconnection some minute ago, hope at least the 21MB can be stable, I will keep you posted

Best Regards,
G.

Hi @Thomas 

To keep you posted, I did receive sms and mail about a ticket opened, but did not receive anycall back and the connection deteriorated, getting also DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN issues now.

I am leveraging a T-Mobile 4G connection for now as it works better, but I am afraid I am unable to use the DSL for meetings and basic streaming I will need to switch operator

Regards,
G

Hi @GB175, I see the ticket's currently still open but they're waiting for your input. You've received a text message with their direct number and access code. If you call that my colleagues can help you with a solution! I've sent the contents of this text message to you in a private message.

Thanks @Thomas I will check it out as it probably ended up in the spam

Hi @Thomas -

after the mechanic visit, turns out nothing can be done; I have to wait and hope in the fiberglass.

Regards,
G.

Hi @GB175, thanks for the update. I'm reading the same thing in our ticket. I'm afraid there's no solution to upgrade your speed at this time.