Skip to main content

My internet is either dropping or there is a very weak signal.

I have disconnected the Experia box which is on the ground floor and reconnected. My internet is via WiFi. I also have two boosters on each floor of a 2 floor house.

I’ve used the checking system provided by KPN to check and improve the signal . I’m getting readings of 30Mbits downstairs downstairs and 40Mbits downstairs. Which is really slow internet connection.

Do you have any suggestions ? 

Hi @Shyamal and welcome to our forum! If I understand correctly you’ve already used the Wifi Manager? If it registered speeds of 30 to 40 Mbit/s then that's fast enough for most regular internet usage. We handle 20 Mbit/s as the minimum. When you’re above that, it's concerned as more than sufficient. 

Is the signal still dropping since you’ve used the Wifi Manager? If so, is it dropping everywhere or in certain areas/on certain devices? If you’re still experiencing the connection as slow, how do you notice this? In what programs/services? 

I haven't heard back from you, so I hope you’ve found a solution by now. If you haven't, don't hesitate to reply here! 

Hi 

Things were so bad that a technician came from KPN . After she left the system is still poor and a room 6meters away from the Expedia box has no WiFi signal . The technicians only suggestion was that I buy a new connector box ( as I have more than 4 inputs) as mine is quite old . 

Still not happy!

Thanks

Shyansl 

Hi! Happy to hear from you, although I had hoped it'd be better news. 😬 How is the system still poor? Is it just because of the WiFi signal 6 meters from the Experia Box or are there other issues? The longer the signal has to travel, the less stable it gets. Especially if it has to travel through walls, windows, furniture etc. Are you using any WiFi repeaters and did you run through the WiFi Manager at a location in your home where the WiFi signal is the weakest? 

Dear Sanne

I added another WiFi reaper to the room downstairs (ie the one 6 meters away from Experdia box) and this has improved the signal.

Thank you

Good! Glad to hear it. 🙂

Reageer