Skip to main content

Hello,

I have had a very stable Internet connection from KPN for a month now, but now from early morning today, the Internet keeps disconnecting with pppoe down message on my router. It comes back up after a couple of minutes, but it’s not ideal 🙂 I have already tried changing the LAN cables. From a bit of reading around on this forum, it seems it could also be an issue of line quality? Could someone please help get this checked? My details are in my profile.

Thanks!

Thanks @Erik_ . I think the technician makes appointments to keep the ticket alive, and then it's also a reminder for him to check with the backoffice and communicate with me. That someone else with the same problem was found by the technician and not by me. So I guess they're making some progress there. For now, the last time I spoke to the technician, he said they're still investigating, probably more at the other person, and of course monitoring my line. Meanwhile I'm still getting disconnects, and they're really annoying as keep getting kicked out of important work calls :(

I really hope there can be some progress on this. I hope you agree that I'm being quite patient with this, but I will definitely want some outcome that solves my problem.

Oh, you are being very patient. Which I, and I'm sure my technical colleagues as well, appreciate enormously. These kinds of issues, when the cause is not straight forward, are difficult to solve. However, with the way things are going now, I have good hope we will see a proper resolution to this. And hopefully also in a reasonable amount of time.

Oh, you are being very patient. Which I, and I'm sure my technical colleagues as well, appreciate enormously. These kinds of issues, when the cause is not straight forward, are difficult to solve. However, with the way things are going now, I have good hope we will see a proper resolution to this. And hopefully also in a reasonable amount of time.

I totally understand it's a weird issue, and working in IT myself (in a Telco even), I do understand the complexities. But then I also am knowledgeable enough to get mildly annoyed when people try to blame this on my home network 🤣

So, I see another appointment for this week, @kalpik. Has there been any further progress? 

So, I see another appointment for this week, @kalpik. Has there been any further progress? 

Hello @Erik_ , thanks for tracking this. The technician called me day before yesterday I think. I didn't get a disconnect since 10th June, but he said they haven't done anything on their end, and obviously I haven't done anything either. So I have no idea what's going on, and what he's going to do next. Although he did say he will keep the ticket open.

So hopefully a final update on the topic. The connection has been stable since 10th June, so the ticket has been closed now. What exactly was done to fix the issue, I don't know. If you find out something about what was done, please do share, @Erik_ 

I'll keep an eye on the connection, and if it remains stable, I'll switch back to my own router and remove the Experiabox and see how that goes.

Thanks for everyone who contributed here.

I'll see if I can find out anything more. But don't hold your breath, @kalpik. I am very glad, though, that it has been stable for so long now. Fingers crossed it will remain so. 

I'm super happy to report that the connection has been very stable even after switching to my own router. So this issue seems to be solved.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see these show up at my doorstep today, thanks a lot, @Erik_, this was very nice of you. Shows that KPN appreciates their customers :)

I'm super happy to report that the connection has been very stable even after switching to my own router. So this issue seems to be solved.

Excellent! I'm very glad to hear. I think we can safely consider this topic closed now 😊

I was very pleasantly surprised to see these show up at my doorstep today, thanks a lot, @Erik_, this was very nice of you. Shows that KPN appreciates their customers :)

Good to see the flowers arrived, it seems the cat (beautiful animal!) approves as well 😁