Skip to main content

Hoi, 

I am really desperate to get the internet installed at home. 

I applied for new internet+tv connection on 3-March and was scheduled for installation on 19-March which is really a long time. I forgot that it was KPN’s policy - installation 2-3 weeks and there was no way for me to request earlier date. They are not willing to improve it. 

So the technician schedule was unfortunately rescheduled (no date provided) due to coronavirus. This is understandable.

I have been woking from home using mobile data plan, and i can no longer take it anymore.

I will attempt to install it my self. The installation guide provided was not helpful, so I need someone’s help.

I received the Experia Box v10A.

In the house that I moved to, there is Genexis box and a small box (modem?) beside it. Please see attached photo.

Question: Are these all the boxes/equipments that I need?

However, I do not have the Power cord for Genexis Box. 

Will kPN send it to me? or the Genexis box is not needed?

Thanks and I would appreciate any help/feedback.

Best regards,

alrey

https://www.kpn.com/service/pakket-installeren.htm 

Couldn't find anything in English, but found this video quite helpful myself. Hope this helps! 

I think the visuals will be clear regardless of the language. There is also an installation guide in the Experia Box. You don't need a power cord for the Genexis. This is where the signal enters your home. It's connected by the orange wire. 

(I'm experiencing some issue with my new connection, so I've studied every guide there is. Feel like quite the expert now :wink: )

https://www.kpn.com/service/pakket-installeren.htm 

Couldn't find anything in English, but found this video quite helpful myself. Hope this helps! 

I think the visuals will be clear regardless of the language. There is also an installation guide in the Experia Box. You don't need a power cord for the Genexis. This is where the signal enters your home. It's connected by the orange wire. 

(I'm experiencing some issue with my new connection, so I've studied every guide there is. Feel like quite the expert now :wink: )

thanks for you reply. Does it mean i don’t need to connect to the Genexis box at all?

so I basically connect Experia Box to the Aansluitdoosje witte Port?

I followed the instructions with visual, and I stuck with having the Experia light in Red. i waited for several minutes and restarted as instructed. but the light was still red.

thanks.

No, no, no... You do need to use the Genexis box and it does need a power adapter.

You can use any 5V adapter (if the connector fits) or perhaps buy one at MediaMarkt or BCC.

You will not have to use the Aansluitdoosje witte Port.

No, no, no... You do need to use the Genexis box and it does need a power adapter.

You can use any 5V adapter (if the connector fits) or perhaps buy one at MediaMarkt or BCC.

You will not have to use the Aansluitdoosje witte Port.

ok thanks. i will try to bu a power adapter today.  

will keep you posted.

5 volt 0,5 ampère.

Make sure the connector fits.

ok. i got a red light in Experia.

is this the correct connection? i did trial and error / switch cables and waited for 10-15 mins each try, but still red light😔

the Yellow cable connected from Ethernet in Experia to Genexis.

the green head/ black cable connected from DSL in Experia to the small white poort.

Remove the green dsl cable, you don't have dsl.

Connect the yellow cable between the socket on the right side of the Genexis to the WAN port of the experiabox.

By the way, do you see any green lights on the Genexis?

If the yellow cable is connected to the Genexis it should be connected to the WAN port.

There should not be connected anything to the DSL port in case of a fiberglass connection.

Which lights burn on your Genexis?

here is how it is connected to genexis. there is green light. let me reatart

It seems there is no connection to the Experia Box as the bottom light should burn (flicker) as well.

i just called KPN. they said my connection is not yet activated, and i have to wait for their text. They don’t know the date when they can activate it. 

Terrible. I hope I can cancel my contract with them soon without charges.

anyway thank you for your help! 

Best regards.

Hi Alrey, welcome on our board. 

Do you mind me having a look? Would you please fill in your profile? If I'm not mistaking you mobile a number is a KPN number ending with 888? I've added 100 Gb to your bundle so you can use it as a hotspot for now. 

Hi Alrey, welcome on our board. 

Do you mind me having a look? Would you please fill in your profile? If I'm not mistaking you mobile a number is a KPN number ending with 888? I've added 100 Gb to your bundle so you can use it as a hotspot for now. 

hi. thanks for your message. I received the added data in my mobile phone. I also updated my profile here.

it’s just that I have been working from home for 3 weeks now and using data plan. It is a hassle.

It’s my fault for forgetting that KPN normally takes 15 days to install the internet.

I also do understand that this epidemic caused further delay. So thanks for the conciliatory data plan.

No problem. I do see there is a delay with the signal. We are doing our best to fix this asap. Hopefully 100 Gb is enough, I would like to ask you not to stream video (that much) as it uses a lot of data. 

I am curious if that further delay was due to fewer or no technicians available who can physically do the installation because of the epidemic, or something else? Thanks.

Not quite sure. Let me explain. There are 2 different parties involved here. KPN the provider (that's us) and KPN Netwerk NL, these are the guys that create and maintain the (ground) network through the whole country. Even though they both use the KPN brand in their names, they operate in different area's. This means we don't have access to their systems. We got a message from them that your particular connection has been delayed. Chances are that this is Corona related and a shortage of engineers, but I can't say for sure.