Skip to main content

Sorry for English message.

I have just moved houses and moved my Internet Thuis 200/20 contract. However the download speed seems twice lower than my contract should allow. I cannot get any higher than 95Mbps

If I check the DSL status of my Experia V10A this is confirmed by MAX Rate of 112926 kbps

It also looks that the signal noise ratio is too low at around 5 dB.

What I find strange is that my old address was literally next door (same zip code) and I had very stable maximum connection speed at 200 Mbps. Can anything be done about this?

DSL Status

Is there any way to get KPN support on this?

Hi @Vladimir D, welcome to our forum! I see the move was completed on our side yesterday. This means it might be different than 3 days ago. Could you run another speedtest?
According to my data you should have a maximum speed on this adress of 196Mbit/s as these can vary quite a bit even with close adresses.

Thanks so much for picking this up, @Thomas!

I just restarted the modem, but still get the same results. (Downstream around 98Mbps). What’s interesting is that Upstream is even better than I would expect it. DSL status shows pretty much the same values (SNR / Max rate) as in the screenshot above… 

Any recommendation on how this can be tackled?

Thanks

From what I can tell we'll need to send over an engineer to take a look at the line. I'll send you a PM about this!