Skip to main content

Hello. 

Yesterday (20.03) in the afternoon my internet stopped working. I am using experia box v8. The modem seems to act incorrectly - all lights are glowing when turning on the modem.

I have a spare experia v8 modem and another experia v10. The other v8 turned on properly, but when plugging in the telephone line into the modem, it doesnt light up green (Internet) on the modem. The v10 modem does the same thing, it turns on ok, but then lights up red after few seconds. Seems like it doesnt get the signal from the telephone line.

I checked online if there is a internet outage and on KPN website it says there is one issue, but the start date is on 24th March.

Now I am not sure what is the issue. 

Hi @Emils, welcome! If multiple modems are giving the same result, it most likely is a problem with your line. Quickest course of action is to call us (0800-0402, free). The colleague can run some tests and see if there is a known outage in your area. And if not, they can register a technical ticket or plan a technician to come out to you.

If you'd rather do this through the forum, that is also an option. Although we are a bit slower in responding. If that is okay, please fill out your forum profile and reply when you've done so.

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your reply.

I called and talked to one of the employees, he decided to send a new modem, even though I mentioned that I have 2 spare ones, one being v10 that has not been used previously.

The v10 modem is the one that was sent to me when I got the subscription, but I didnt use it since the previous owner already had a v8 modem installed. As mentioned before, the unused v10 is showing red light as well. 

I was told, I will recieve an email with all the necessary data to send back the modem, but I haven't recieved anything since this afternoon. 

I filled all the necessary information in my forum profile.

I hope we can solve this as soon as possible now. 

Kind regards. 

Hi @Emils I just checked your connection and it appears to be offline. I made a notification for our technical department and they will look into the matter. as soon as possible. When that's done you'll receive a text message with further instructions. They'll let you know what needs to be done: perhaps further contact with our back office is needed of a mechanic needs to be scheduled. The text will be in Dutch and I hope that won't be a problem. 

Hi Bart. 

Thank you for your reply and for the solution.

Will be waiting for the message. 

Kind regards. 

Hello.

I still haven't received any text message about my issue.

Hi @Emils As far as I can see the malfunction is solved right now? I see that a text message and an e-mail were sent yesterday. They must have been sent after you posted this message. Have you received them and is everything working as it should be? 

Hi Bart,

I didn't receive any text message or email about my issue, the only email I received was that the connection was being fixed.

Yesterday I went to the KPN Heerlen Client Service Center, they told me that a new modem was already sent to me and I can pick it up. I gave them the two v8 modems that I had.

Today I picked up the new modem and gave them back the other v10.  I hope it won't be confusing that there will be 3 different modems on my name right now.

Fortunately, the new modem works and I have my internet connection back.

Thank you for your time and helping me with my issue.

Kind regards.