Skip to main content

I have been a customer with kpn for a few months now and trying to solve one problem has always led to another. I tried calling customer service a few times over the last couple of weeks but it seems they are too busy so I would only be told to try again later and my call then disconnected.

The modem I have is a KPN Box 12, software version SGEJ1000060E.

Because the Wifi only worked in the living room and hardly anywhere else I got two SuperWifi 2 punten to extend the range and installed them using the Thuis app.

Afterwards, Wifi coverage was slightly better but instead the internet connection would fail throughout the day, disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds, so Wifi was effectively entirely unusable. The problem solving program of the Wifi Manager was useless - it would either tell me there were no issues or fail entirely because the internet connection would drop while going through the diagnosis. I tried the usual steps of turning everything off and on again and resetting the modem, none of which made a difference.

I then disconnected and reset the SuperWifi points and once they were no longer connected the issue of constantly disconnecting Wifi stopped, so this seems to have been caused by the SuperWifi points.

I wanted to reconnect them to see if the initial problem was also fixed but I now cannot set up either of the SuperWifi points. When connected to the modem via cable, the light on the discs turns green, yet I cannot reconnect them to my network despite doing the same steps via the Thuis app as before. After scanning the QR code and waiting for the disc to boot up according to the app, the setup stops with “No SuperWifi disc found”. When disconnecting the cable between the disc and the modem, the light of course turns purple again since setup was unsuccessful. The same thing happens for both discs.

While the discs are connected to the modem, their individual SSIDs are visible as available networks.

How can I resolve this issue (ideally without returning to constantly dropping Wifi)?? I would appreciate some advice here.

Hi @Ariadne42. Welcome to our forum!

This might be a problem where the software in the SuperWifi clashes with the Box 12. There are a couple of steps that will fix this. 

We have a topic that explains how to do a full reset and reconnect of the SuperWifi. I've used Google translate to translate the page to English here.  It starts at the part of “A clean installation of the SuperWifi points”.

Please let me know here if this solved the issue. 🙂