Skip to main content

Hi, I see that currently KPN provides free Sony headphones or SuperWifi points, etc to new customers

I am an existing KPN customer for the past 2 years and I will be moving the house next month. I also want to change the internet package in the new house.

Will it be a good idea to cancel KPN subscription and then take a subscription again as a new customer so that I can get the free product?

P.S:

I know that I can report the house move online https://forum.kpn.com/internet-9/moving-house-516771. I am just wondering if cancelling KPN and joining again as a new customer would be a better deal. I see that the monthly costs are also 1 euro cheaper for new customer for the same subscription

Will it be a good idea to cancel KPN subscription and then take a subscription again as a new customer so that I can get the free product?

No it will not. When you cancel and subscribe again you are not a new customer according to KPN-standards. You have to go to another provider for at least 6 months. Moving does not make you a new customer. When you came to KPN you had a gift too. When KPN gives every customer headphones or wifipoint your monthly fee has to go up. 

But I expect that atleast the monthly fee should be same for both the existing customers and new customers, if it is the same package/subscription. But my monthly fee is 1 euro higher than the package currently offered by KPN (even though I am not under any contract obligation anymore).

Maybe you have an old kind of contract? Or do you have KPN Hussel?

I have KPN subscription which was taken 2 years ago. I am not sure if “Hussel” was available at that time.

No it was not. That could be the difference. Do you have KPN mobile too?

No I dont

You can compare it in MijnKPN. Maybe its cheaper then. But watch out: if you switch to Hussel its NOT possible to go back! Maybe you have some free products now like Spotify, Pluspakket or Fox Sports?