Skip to main content

The last few weeks I have been experiencing a significant drop in internet speed from 21:00 onwards but every morning when I wake up and for the rest of the day the internet is back to its usual speed.

The worst aspect of these drops in internet speed are that it takes a noticeable amount of time to load images/videos, most game’s pings are now hanging around the 80ms/100ms instead of the usual 20ms and in general there is definately something off and it has now no longer been a one off occurence.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @Whelben . Welcome to the forum.

Are you measuring with a cable or are these wifi speeds?

Hi @Whelben . Welcome to the forum.

Are you measuring with a cable or are these wifi speeds?

Cable speeds but it happens also regularly on my laptop on wifi. Furthermore it happens on different ethernet ports around the house, everyone’s phones and everyone’s laptops. Basically I am convinced that it is the router acting up and not any individual cables/appliances. Furthermore it seems like the wifi drops out for ½ seconds every so often in evenings completely at random which leads to the illusion of insane ping spikes and sometimes web pages just not loading.

@Whelben . Can you fill out your profile page and give me a sign after you have done that?

I have filled in what I know.

Further updates. Some days the wifi really drops in and out pretty much the whole day. Always between 20:30 and 22:30 I have 50+ ping in everything when it was previously roughly 15 ping (and in general weird packet loss constantly). I am not sure what to do to fix it.

Your DSL line is unstable. Can you describe how the experiabox is hooked up to the is/ra (the point where the KPN connection is located. )

We probably will need to send a mechanic but I dont have a mobile phonenumber. Can you als put that in your profile page and give me a sign?

Your DSL line is unstable. Can you describe how the experiabox is hooked up to the is/ra (the point where the KPN connection is located. )

We probably will need to send a mechanic but I dont have a mobile phonenumber. Can you als put that in your profile page and give me a sign?

I have created a video showing how the Experiabox is hooked up with the is/ra: https://streamable.com/elarr5 Basically just a direct connection nothing in between.

I can’t find anywhere to put my mobile phone number under instellingen. Can I privately message you my number?

I can’t find anywhere to put my mobile phone number under instellingen. Can I privately message you my number?

yes, of course. Please do. 

yes, of course. Please do. 

Sent my number privately.

Nice talking to you ;-)

The engineer wil arrive 8-3 between 12:00 and 14:00.  Lets wait and see if he can fix the issue. :-)

Nice talking to you ;-)

The engineer wil arrive 8-3 between 12:00 and 14:00.  Lets wait and see if he can fix the issue. :-)

Yes, thanks for calling up!

Hopefully, he will find the issue :)