Skip to main content

Today I went to self-install the KPN Box 12. Followed the instructions, connected to power. Power green light on, wifi green light on, but internet green light flashing for TWO hours. Tried resetting the Modem 12, nothing, Tried to reconnect to a power source, still nothing. Turned it on and off thrice more. The Internet green light is still flashing.

What can I do now?

Problem 2. When I checked my order status, the system said that my Modem was activated on the 9th of February. I only brought the modem box to the property TODAY. So is KPN going to assume it was connected on the 9th when its barely working even now?

Now we have to purchase a 50 GB data sim to facilitate this installation process (my mom works from home). Does anyone know how long it will take for the issue to be resolved? Do I need to buy 50GB x 3, otherwise my mom will have to stop working. What a nightmare.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum @Ann_V, even though it's not a fun occasion :slight_frown:

The quickest way to get help with this issue, is calling 0800 - 0402, our customer service is open 24/7, free of charge. With 1 of my colleagues on the phone, you'll be able to check everything very fast.

We can also help you via the forum, but it will take a while before you will receive a reaction. We close for the night. If you do prefer help via the forum, can you please update your profiel and give me a heads up if you’ve done so? I'd like to run a diagnostic on your line, to see if I can find any errors!

Welcome to the forum @Ann_V, even though it's not a fun occasion :slight_frown:

The quickest way to get help with this issue, is calling 0800 - 0402, our customerservice is open 24/7, free of charge. With 1 of my colleagues on the phone, you'll be able to check everything very fast.

We can also help you via the forum, but it will take a while before you will receive a reaction. We close for the night. If you do prefer help via the forum, can you please update your profiel and give me a heads up if you’ve done so? I'd like to run a diagnostic on your line, to see if I can find any errors!

Hello Maja,

I don’t know if I will get a response. However, I cannot do anything as I do not have a mobile service yet thus installing internet AT HOME.

Well than, please fill in your profile. Let us know when you did.  We will look into your connection. Hopefully we can fix it very soon. 

Well than, please fill in your profile. Let us know when you did.  We will look into your connection. Hopefully we can fix it very soon. 

I have filled in my profile as much as I understand. I look forward to hearing a reply.

Hi @Ann_V, we just spoke. Let me know when we can send an engineer to solve this. 

Hi @Ann_V, we just spoke. Let me know when we van send an engineer to solve this. 

Hello @Alex_P,

Thank you for calling. The 1- 5 pm timeslot is perfect. I will be waiting at the property.

Thank you

My laptop cannot detect the KPN home wifi. It can detect the wifi of everyone around me just not my home wifi.

What can I do?

*admin: merged topics

Does the laptop see the name of your home network in the list of detected networks?

If so, what happens when you try to connect?

Hi @Ann_V 

Your laptop may not be compatible with the Wi-Fi 6 signal sent by the Box 12. This is the default setting. Log in the modem via https://mijnmodem.kpn and go to the WiFi settings.

Change the Wireless Mode (from 802.11ax)  to 802.11b+g+n (2.4GHz) and 802.11a+n+ac (5GHz).

Please try this, I hope this solves your problem.

Hi @Ann_V I was wondering if the problem is solved already. Or do you still need help? Did you try to follow up on RBxx's advice? 

Hi Ann, I see that the engineer has fixed the problem. Glad everything that is fine now. 

So last week the technician came to install my Modem 12. It worked for 6 days before the internet light began flashing once again. Now I have no internet once again.

KPN please reply. We cannot do school or work.

Maybe its the weather, but we cannot do anything to fix it by ourselves so please send somebody.

*merged topics

Hi @Ann_V, I've merged your topics.
The quickest way to get someone to look at this really is by giving us a call on 0800-0402. My colleagues there are available 24x7 for issues like this.
If there's no rush we can help you here as well of course.

Hi @Ann_V, I've merged your topics.
The quickest way to get someone to look at this really is by giving us a call on 0800-0402. My colleagues there are available 24x7 for issues like this.

i would call if i can. i cannot make phone calls, which is why i put messages on the forum. What will happen now? why did my internet suddenly began flashing half way through the day?

Hi @Ann_V, I've merged your topics.

i would call if i can. i cannot make phone calls, which is why i put messages on the forum. What will happen now? why did my internet suddenly began flashing half way through the day?

Is this normal because of the storm?

Ah I see, since your previous ticket is still open I added to it that you're still experiencing issues.

I've taken a look at the connection and there's definitely an issue between our network and your modem. It's impossible to say what the cause is (from here) but the storms could indeed have caused some damage outside.
My colleagues will contact you about this.

If calling us doesn't work you can also chat with us through www.kpn.com/service 

Ah I see, since your previous ticket is still open I added to it that you're still experiencing issues.

I've taken a look at the connection and there's definitely an issue between our network and your modem. It's impossible to say what the cause is (from here) but the storms could indeed have caused some damage outside.

If calling us doesn't work you can also chat with us through www.kpn.com/service 

Will someone come and fix it for me? Because we have reset the modem twice and it was still flashing.  Now we are staying at a hotel to do work, which costs more than the modem package monthly fee. Can you ask your colleagues to email me? That is the most efficient way, but to email in English. 

Thank you for your reply

Will someone come and fix it for me? Because we have reset the modem twice and it was still flashing.  Now we are staying at a hotel to do work, which costs more than the modem package monthly fee. Can you ask your colleagues to email me? That is the most efficient way, but to email in English. 

I'm afraid my colleagues won't be able to e-mail you, they'll call you on the mobile number we have on file. If they can't contact you there they'll send you a text message with their direct number and access code.

Unless this is a bigger issue with multiple connections I'm afraid it won't solve itsself and they'll need to send someone over. They can tell you more about that when they contact you.

I'm afraid my colleagues won't be able to e-mail you, they'll call you on the mobile number we have on file. If they can't contact you there they'll send you a text message with their direct number and access code.

Unless this is a bigger issue with multiple connections I'm afraid it won't solve itsself and they'll need to send someone over. They can tell you more about that when they contact you.

When the technician comes please ask him/her to bring a KPN SIM card so we can use that SIM card to call each time the network crashes.
When will he/her contact or call? If I know when they will call, I will know whether I will have to book another night stay at a hotel.

When the technician comes please ask him/her to bring a KPN SIM card so we can use that SIM card to call each time the network crashes.
When will he/her contact or call? If I know when they will call, I will know whether I will have to book another night stay at a hotel.

I’ve just phoned customer services three times, only Dutch was available and I was cut from the call 15 minutes in.

Good morning @Ann_V. I'm sorry to hear that calling our customer service last evening didn't work out. I've looked at it again, and I'm happy to share that I've made a new appointment with a mechanic for you. I planned it for this afternoon, February 22th between 13:00 and 17:00 o’clock. Does this work for you? If not, please let me know ASAP. Then I can rescedule the appointment for you, for exemple to tomorrow morning. 

It's important that somebody is at home between the given times, so the mechanic can visit if needed and check the connection.

Good morning @Ann_V. I'm sorry to hear that calling our customer service last evening didn't work out. I've looked at it again, and I'm happy to share that I've made a new appointment with a mechanic for you. I planned it for this afternoon, February 22th between 13:00 and 17:00 o’clock. Does this work for you? If not, please let me know ASAP. Then I can rescedule the appointment for you, for exemple to tomorrow morning. 

It's important that somebody is at home between the given times, so the mechanic can visit if needed and check the connection.

Thank you for the contact.  Please make it between 2pm and 5pm is good as I need to travel for 1+ hour to be back at the property. I will be rushing to be back on time by 2pm.  Thank you so much! 

@Ann_V We can't make the time slot more specific than 13 - 17. So I hope you can make it! If not, let us know so we can rescedule the appointment for you.

@Ann_V We can't make the time slot more specific than 13 - 17. So I hope you can make it! If not, let us know so we can rescedule the appointment for you.

For safety. please reschedule my appointment for tomorrow, between 13 - 17. It is the safest option