Skip to main content

Hi!

We are in the process of moving houses and previous house owners had a ziggo connection (coax cable). The house doesn’t seem to have a kpn connection point like ISRA.

Is it possible to ask for a technician to install one?

Hello @Siddharth , mostly in the livingroom like this:

oude ptt telefoonaansluiting verwijderen? | KPN CommunityOr like this:

Kosten Installatie ISRA punt | KPN Community

Or in the technical room (meterkast) like this:

Uitleg telefoon aansluiting in woning meterkast | Elektra-info.nl

Thanks for your reply

I’ve been looking around the house and can’t find any of these. The meterkast doesn’t have them for sure. 

The previous owners mentioned that this utp point (in pictures) might have been a kpn connection point “many years ago” but it doesn’t have any labels on it, how can I test this theory?

More context: I plugged in our router to this unidentified utp point and followed the installation steps to no success.

Even more context: In our previous house, a technician from kpn had to install a new ISRA point because that house did not have any connections either

The cable at the right , all dirty and painted, may be your kpn- isra cable. Where does it end?

Hi!

We are in the process of moving houses and previous house owners had a ziggo connection (coax cable). The house doesn’t seem to have a kpn connection point like ISRA.

Is it possible to ask for a technician to install one?

Hello @Siddharth you better ask for a technician via 0800 0402.

The cable at the right , all dirty and painted, may be your kpn- isra cable. Where does it end?

No clue, it comes from the floor and goes up through the ceiling 

Hi @Siddharth and welcome to our forum! If you’ve checked everywhere then 

Hello @Siddharth you better ask for a technician via 0800 0402.

this is the next step. Did you manage to schedule a technician? If not, let me know what days and what time on those days you’re available. Then I'll check whether I can schedule an appointment! 

I haven't heard back from you, so I hope the connection point has been found. 😄 If not, or if you ran into any other problems, don't hesitate to reply here!