Skip to main content

Hi all,

I submitted a move request at the end of this month, I was expecting that a mechanic will come to my new address and install the connection device for free but when I check my move request’s details it’s written as below :

“You can connect your equipment from June 7. Do you want to wait before connecting? Then choose another date. When you have completed the installation of the modem, your subscription and the billing period will start. Then the services at the current address will also stop

We show you the way. And you can always ask for help from our experts who are available 7 days a week. Prefer a mechanic? That is also possible. This costs € 75.00 once”

Is this ok?

Connecting your equipment isn’t that hard and usually a mechanic is not needed. I think the new residence already has the infrastructure ready and that you only need to connect your router (probably Experiabox) again.

If you are on DSL: make sure that you also move the phone cables that are connected to your router and reconnect them on your new address

If you are on fiber: read the instructions about the NTU (usually the little black box) carefully and act accordingly.

You may always call KPN 0800-0402 if you are unsure about things, and on this forum we can help you too :)

Thanks for your answer @XS4-Arjan , I’am on fiber currently and my new place is also available for fiber.
There was a NT box already installed in my current address, when I started my KPN subscription a month ago, a mechanic came by and just connect the cables to the NT box, he didn’t make any installations.

And yesterday I checked my new place there is no NT box installed. Do I have to buy this device in this case? I wasn’t really aware of all these stuff. 

You don’t need to buy an NT-box. It comes with your subscription.

Maybe someone here knows the right answer about the NT. The NT usually comes with instructions (including pictures).

Unfortunately I can’t take the current NT box, it’s not mine, it was already installed to my rental apartment some time ago. I’m really confused about these process, a month ago I started this topic and people say that it’s free, but I asked about activation costs there this is something different I guess, but still they said moving is free. Now I’m thinking about stopping my current subscription before my withdrawal period expires.

Moving *is* free. If you need additional hardware, KPN will provide it so you can continue your subscription on your new address.

You don’t need to buy an NT-box. It comes with your subscription and most likely, if the fiber techniques on both addresses are the same, you can take the NT from your old address to the new one.

Not sure if KPN agrees with this though… The instructions that you received should clarify this.

Maybe someone here knows the right answer about the NT. The NT usually comes with instructions (including pictures) as well, it’s a click-thing that slides over the white fiber box and it can easily be replaced.

@XS4-Arjan Please never advise to remove the NT again, the NT is registered to the home address and kpn thinks it will never move. New occupant can get problems like @BerkC is having now because people take them. 

@BerkC if you call 0800-0402 and say that the new house doesn't have a NT they will send an mechanic to come do it for free (and also the rest of the installation)

Glasvezelapparatuur moet inderdaad altijd blijven zitten en mag nooit gesloopt worden, dat doe je met een gas- en watermeter toch ook niet?

Soms lees je ook wel eens verhalen dat de netvoeding meegenomen wordt, zinloos, want je hebt er niets aan en er moet een monteur komen om e.e.a. weer aan te sluiten, daar netvoedingen voor glasapparatuur niet los opgestuurd worden. Allemaal moeite en kosten v oor niets @XS4-Arjan 

bla

Hey, I got the message