Skip to main content

At the end of March, I will move out from my current place which I have been using KPN home internet and I will move in to my new place in May. In this time frame, I will stay in a temporary place which I will not use my internet service. Is there a chance of I can freeze or suspend my product so I can continue to use in my new house or I need to cancel and apply for a new service ?

Welcome to the forum @lotr1903! We don't have a way of completely suspending or freezing your contract. What we do have is a temporary contract. It is exactly intended for what you have in mind! In this case calling is the easiest way to achieve this. If you dial 0800-0402 and let us know you are moving we will connect you through to the right departement and have everything made in order for you. Would you let me know here when it's all in order?

Welcome to the forum @lotr1903! We don't have a way of completely suspending or freezing your contract. What we do have is a temporary contract. It is exactly intended for what you have in mind! In this case calling is the easiest way to achieve this. If you dial 0800-0402 and let us know you are moving we will connect you through to the right departement and have everything made in order for you. Would you let me know here when it's all in order?

Hello Bram_,

Unfortunately, this option didn’t work out for me. To be able to use a temporary contract, I have been told I need to have KPN mobile subscription. 

I guess my options are to downgrade my product to the lowest package and pay for 2 months or cancel my products then start a new subscription at the new house.

@lotr1903 in that case there must have been a miscommunication. There is no requirement to have a mobile phone contract with us in order to make use of this arrangement. I would like to ask you to please contact us one more time on our 0800-0402 number and specifically ask for the “verhuis afdeling”. If you could also fill out your profiel and let me know when you have done so I will try to find out why the employee you spoke could not make the arrangements. 

@lotr1903 seeing as I haven't heard I assume everything worked out. If there is anything else I can help with please let me know here.

Thank your for your help and guidance. Since my transfer date is not precise, I didn’t choose to have temporary contract and cancelled my subscription. In my new house I will start a new a contract. 

I`ll make sure we have a good offer for when you come back! :wink: Best wishes for the move. I`ll close the topic.