Skip to main content

Hallo!

I am transferring my gigabit fiber service to a new house.  When I looked in the equipment closet in the new house I see a FTU/NT, but no orange fiber cable.  Do I have to arrange for that installation separately, or will that be taken care of automatically?

Bedankt!

Hello @A350 

If you see a FTU/NT there must be fiber, it could be from another provider.
Can you post a picture of the FTU/NT?

What does the postcode check say, can you order glasvezel internet?

https://www.kpn.com/shop/pakket-zelf-samenstellen?tv=ja

@GeSp Thank you for your response.  Yes, the postcode check says it’s available.

Here is a picture.  There is no orange cable anywhere to be found.

Looks good @A350 

I think they used a different color, the grey/white wire is probably the glasfiber wire, does it go in the FTU?:

Is the poweradapter for the NT unit missing or do you have that also?

@GeSp Unfortunately, I’m not at that location anymore, but I’m pretty sure that white cable did go inside.  I never considered that could be it!  There is no power adapter that I could see.

@A350Then hopefully they send you a new NT with poweradapter, else you need a mechanic who will exchange the NT or has such a poweradapter with him.
Maybe that they send a mechanic anyway to activate the glasfiber again.

@GeSp Thank you for your help!  Dankuwel!

Hi @A350! I see that an appointment has been made to send you an engineer. 🙂 Would you please update us here when everything is working correctly? 

@Bram_  Thank you for the follow up. I will post an update after the installation date.