Skip to main content

Hello forum: quite recently I’ve subscribed an internet service via KPN website.

When I was asked to provide my postcode and my house number the website stated that the 1GB internet was availeble at my residence. 

The modem has arrived already but unfortunately I’m not able to find the connection point. Last tenants had Ziggo and that’s the only connection point I’m able to find in the house. Do we need to schedule an appointment with a technician? 

Thank you in advance.

@Ramiro_94 Nothing to be found like this? (photo above)

Nothing like that whatsoever !

OK. It is not always necessary to have the FTU (fiber connection) already in the house to place an order.

Often the cable is buried near the frontdoor, or near the building. Mainly because the resident before you did not react to three attempts of communication, or because they would not give permission for the free connection (in the past).

In that case, you do not see the difference on the website of KPN when you order. After you order, KPN sends it to KPN Netwerk and their contractor should contact you to finish the connection. So entering the cable in to the house and placing the FTU.

The checker on www.kpnnetwerk.nl should tell you more. If you enter your adress (on the frontpage) and you see a message saying:

Goed nieuws! Er is glasvezel beschikbaar

Wil je gebruik maken van glasvezel? Dan heb je een glasvezelabonnement nodig. Dat sluit je af bij een provider. Heb je een glasvezelabonnement afgesloten? Dan nemen we contact met je op voor de werkzaamheden die nodig zijn in en rondom je huis. Onze werkzaamheden zijn kosteloos. 

That means the contractor should contact you for the last part of the work.

I have checked my postal code and house number on the website and the message you’ve mentioned popped out. I think I have found some orange cable entering in my building, but I’m not 100% sure what they are. 

Today it’s the day at which my subscription start and I really don’t want to pay for a service I cannot use. 

What do you advice me to do?

I have checked my postal code and house number on the website and the message you’ve mentioned popped out. I think I have found some orange cable entering in my building, but I’m not 100% sure what they are. 

Today it’s the day at which my subscription start and I really don’t want to pay for a service I cannot use. 

What do you advice me to do?

1) paying starts when the connection is working so you're not going to pay yet.

2) call KPN Netwerk at 088-006744 and ask when the contractor will contact you for finishing the connection.